I've had my storm since january.. Everything works as its expected with .75; a little slugish but I still find it good. And of course the casual rebooting maybe twice a day but the last few days t three times and today 6!!!!!! 3 in less than an hour..Now I'm planning to go to the store.any advice? And do I still have to pay the $50 for insurance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 05:04 PM
    the store will probably just reload the OS and bid you a nice day. that would actually be the first step that tech support (on the phone, as it were) would do as well -- reload the OS.

I say this because a friend of mine was having the same issue - random reboot, but then 3 times in 1 hours. then he called me and came over. I reloaded the OS, and haven't heard a thing since.

The other thing to make sure is that you're closing out of programs when you're done, and not just pressing the red/end key. That works for dumbphones, but these aren't dumbphones. It's equivalent to minimizing a window on your computer - it stays open, sucking up memory, waiting for you to start using it again.
    05-15-09 05:19 PM
    It reboots without any use at all .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 05:23 PM
    Doh, I just asked this very same question.

I don't think we have to pay insurance if you exchange it b/c it's faulty. From what I've read, Verizon will just give you a new one.

Mine did it from the very first day I got it. No apps, hardly any use (because I didn't know how to use it, lol). I have since learned to make sure I close out of everything and it doesn't help. Battery pulls don't help. Nothing helps.

Sev - will reloading the OS reset the whole thing? Will I lose apps & personalized settings?
    05-15-09 05:27 PM
    so did his.

it's kind of like a program on your computer that was running fine one day, then the next decided to be a sumnumbitch. just reinstall and see if that fixes it. If not, then try one of the leaked OS's. I'm currently using bbcrakmans .141 v5.1, and have not had any issues thus far.

the best thing to do BEFORE you load an unoffcial OS is to read thru the "how to" instructions AT LEAST TWICE before starting, and keep the window open just in case you need to refer back to it.
    05-15-09 05:27 PM
    Doh, I just asked this very same question.

I don't think we have to pay insurance if you exchange it b/c it's faulty. From what I've read, Verizon will just give you a new one.

Mine did it from the very first day I got it. No apps, hardly any use (because I didn't know how to use it, lol). I have since learned to make sure I close out of everything and it doesn't help. Battery pulls don't help. Nothing helps.

Sev - will reloading the OS reset the whole thing? Will I lose apps & personalized settings?
    don't have to go thru insurance, unless you broke it (physical or water damage). warranty covers for defects and malfunctions. the thing with that is that Verizon is probably not going to just send you out a phone on "because I said it's happening". The tech will most likely walk you thru a handheld wipe and reinstall.

BEFORE you reload the OS, it is definitely best practice to save your info. there is an option to auto save/restore, but I never use that because of issues I've had in the past. (nothing serious, but calendar entries would be spread across 2 days if I had it set for 1day, full day event.)
    05-15-09 05:29 PM
    load a cracked OS, should take care of your problems with .75
    05-16-09 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD