I'm a relative newb set up my exchange server on the BB, and everytime I reply or fwd a message in my inbox whether it be from my phone or pc the original message re-appears in my inbox on my phone (does not re-appear on PC only phone). How can I turn this off. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.
    07-13-09 11:59 AM
    Does it show up that you have a new message?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 12:04 PM
    Yes it does show up as a new message on the BB
    07-13-09 12:30 PM
    ttt.........
    07-13-09 01:17 PM
    Nobody has an answer...Come on!
    07-13-09 02:58 PM
    i think its just the confirmation if u go to options u can take off show confirmation
    07-13-09 03:41 PM
    ^ That's what I think, too. Does it have a check mark next to it (on the left)?
    07-13-09 03:45 PM
    You need to create a filter in BIS as follows:

Filter Name: whatever you want
    Apply filter when: "From:" Field
    Contains: Your email address
    Select "Do not forward messages to device"

Just reread the OP did not realize you said Exchange.
    07-13-09 03:53 PM
    i think its just the confirmation if u go to options u can take off show confirmation
    Can't find "confirmation" under options...Is it under option when in email, or general options?
    07-13-09 05:52 PM

Nobody has an answer that I have found. It happens with BIS and Exchange Server using IMAP.

From what I can tell it is a problem in how Exchange handles IMAP wrong. Outlook shows "you replied to this message" and BIS picks it up as a NEW message.

It is extremely irritating. You would think that RIM could give us a choice as imap on exchange and sort out the headers.

07-13-09 06:36 PM

Nobody has an answer that I have found. It happens with BIS and Exchange Server using IMAP.

From what I can tell it is a problem in how Exchange handles IMAP wrong. Outlook shows "you replied to this message" and BIS picks it up as a NEW message.

It is extremely irritating. You would think that RIM could give us a choice as imap on exchange and sort out the headers.

07-13-09 06:36 PM
    Let me guess you are talking about googel mail right?
    07-13-09 06:37 PM
    Let me guess you are talking about googel mail right?
    No, this is actually an exchange server.
    07-13-09 06:51 PM
    No, this is actually an exchange server.
    You are on BES right.
    07-13-09 08:11 PM
    You are on BES right.
    No, I simply used the info I input into my previous windows phone for the exchange server into this phone. It worked as in I get all my emails and can send them, however it sends a duplicate of the original email everytime I reply to an email, whether I'm replying on my phone or from my PC
    07-13-09 08:49 PM
    No, I simply used the info I input into my previous windows phone for the exchange server into this phone. It worked as in I get all my emails and can send them, however it sends a duplicate of the original email everytime I reply to an email, whether I'm replying on my phone or from my PC
    It sounds like it a issue on Exchange. gmail has that double mail problem but not exchange.
    07-13-09 08:57 PM
    You are on BES right.
    It doesn't happen on BES. Only on BIS. I know exactly what he is experiencing. I have my phone and a work phone. The work phone on BES works correctly. The personal phone on BIS and IMAP gets retriggered after a reply

As I said I think the reason is that Exchange handles the IMAP headers improperly.

For me it is not allowed to connect to the work account using the secure Exchange channel. For reasons unknown to me the OWA option fails. But IMAP works, but weirdly.

Last edited by michaelbsc; 07-13-09 at 09:04 PM.
    07-13-09 09:00 PM
    It doesn't happen on BES. Only on BIS. I know exactly what he is experiencing. I have my phone and a work phone. The work phone on BES works correctly. The personal phone on BIS and IMAP gets retriggered after a reply

As I said I think the reason is that Exchange handles the IMAP headers improperly.

For me it is not allowed to connect to the work account using the secure Exchange channel. For reasons unknown to me the OWA option fails. But IMAP works, but weirdly.

So in other words there is no fix to this problem, at least that any of us know of?
    07-13-09 09:05 PM
    So in other words there is no fix to this problem, at least that any of us know of?
    If you can get the BIS site to configure OWA correctly I think it should work. The administrators at work have us locked up tightly. But you may be successful.

If anyone does find an answer I sure want to know.

07-13-09 09:13 PM
    i cannot get the BIS wbsite to recognize the exchange server as anything but IMAP. i've tried naming the mail server many different ways to get around it but they cannot find it otherwise.

hopefully RIM puts a fix on this soon as it i something i feel they have to fix and we the consumer wont be able to
    07-16-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD