I called CS about a issue with my current plan and had to speak with a CS supervisor. I was talking to him about wanting to get the Storm and pricing plans. What he told me was that everyone regardless of them having a NE2 or early upgrade pays the same $199 after rebate for this phone for at least till after the holidays. They are not giving any discounts because of the popularity of the phone. I have a corporate discount through my work and he said I would get the instant rebate and everyone else gets the MIR. I also asked if their was a way to not having to pay the $35 activation fee and he said doesn't matter if you purchase it on-line, in-store, 3rd party retailer everyone pays the $35. So the conclusion is:

Phone costs $199.99 + tax + $35 activation fee
    and must get a data plan starting at $29.99
    11-14-08 05:47 PM
    makes sense why they would do that ... why reduce the price of water in the desert?
    11-14-08 05:50 PM
    I just called CS and was quoted $369.99 less a $50 mail in rebate. That leaves a retail price of $319.99 can anyone else confirm this?
    11-14-08 05:57 PM
    Would be nice if they did what AT&T did with the 3G iPhone and let all current BlackBerry owners get the phone at new contract price by renewing their contract. Wouldn't be able to keep them in stock for months. Then again, probably won't be able to anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 06:00 PM
    Verizon CS told my wife over the phone today that b/c of her NE2, the price of her phone would be $99. The price of my phone (2nd line) would be $199.

Isn't it part of their NE2 program that you get $100 off the phone with a 2 year contract renewal??

Which CS agent is right? The supervisor who disregards the NE2 program or the junior agent who may not know as much?
    11-14-08 06:03 PM
    This would be awesome for me if true, because I'm looking at having to pay full retail. I went into my store today to find out if I would be eligible for the annual upgrade, but found out that since my calling plan wasn't above the 39.99 or 49.99 or whatever it is, I'm not eligible. Nevermind that my total monthly bill is $98.99. I guess my CALLING plan has to be above that level. That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, but if they give me the phone for the $199 price, I will forgive them!
    11-14-08 06:09 PM
    Verizon CS told my wife over the phone today that b/c of her NE2, the price of her phone would be $99. The price of my phone (2nd line) would be $199.

Isn't it part of their NE2 program that you get $100 off the phone with a 2 year contract renewal??

Which CS agent is right? The supervisor who disregards the NE2 program or the junior agent who may not know as much?
    On Family Shared plans only primary line gets a discount and secondary lines only get New customer rate. But yes you do get your discount.
    11-14-08 06:10 PM
    Nothing against you mettec, but I call BS on that CS supervisor you spoke to. NE2 will be allowed and as far as activation fee's, I've never had to pay for them. Maybe because of the old Merits/VIP program but I've never paid $35 for activation though others might have to. But then again couldn't people just activate it themselves? It's not like it's hard to do.

This isn't against you mettec just the cs supe you talked to.
    11-14-08 06:12 PM
    I'm still on a 2 yr contract and I'm not up for my NE2 yet, but I am eligible for annual upgrade pricing. I spoke with both a telesales agent and an in store rep, and both quoted me $249 - MIR + $20 processing fee for "early upgrade"

Has anyone encountered this $20 early upgrade charge? They both quoted the same charge.
    11-14-08 06:14 PM
    On Family Shared plans only primary line gets a discount and secondary lines only get New customer rate. But yes you do get your discount.
    Yay! That would mean $100 to spend on accessories!
    11-14-08 06:15 PM
    I called CS about a issue with my current plan and had to speak with a CS supervisor. I was talking to him about wanting to get the Storm and pricing plans. What he told me was that everyone regardless of them having a NE2 or early upgrade pays the same $199 after rebate for this phone for at least till after the holidays. They are not giving any discounts because of the popularity of the phone. I have a corporate discount through my work and he said I would get the instant rebate and everyone else gets the MIR. I also asked if their was a way to not having to pay the $35 activation fee and he said doesn't matter if you purchase it on-line, in-store, 3rd party retailer everyone pays the $35. So the conclusion is:

Phone costs $199.99 + tax + $35 activation fee
    and must get a data plan starting at $29.99
    They have to honor your NE2 if it is time for you to renew your contract.
    Last edited by lovetocruiserccl; 11-14-08 at 07:15 PM.
    11-14-08 06:56 PM
    They have to give you the $100 NE2. Doesn't matter how popular the phone is. Keep calling back until you get someone who knows what they're talking about.
    11-14-08 07:03 PM
    This would be awesome for me if true, because I'm looking at having to pay full retail. I went into my store today to find out if I would be eligible for the annual upgrade, but found out that since my calling plan wasn't above the 39.99 or 49.99 or whatever it is, I'm not eligible. Nevermind that my total monthly bill is $98.99. I guess my CALLING plan has to be above that level. That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, but if they give me the phone for the $199 price, I will forgive them!
    I believe that threshold is $59.99/month just for voice. I had that happen to me back in May. Only received a $50 NE2 credit even though my total monthly was about $90.

If you are referring to the first post about $199, I think he is only talking about people who would be eligible for a discounted phone, not for someone that has to pay retail to get it. Saying that if you were eligible for any discounts, NE2/new customer/upgrade, you would not get it for less than $199. Basically you would have to pay the full retail of the phone, whatever it may be...$499?
    I could be wrong about that though.
    11-14-08 07:37 PM
    I believe that threshold is $59.99/month just for voice. I had that happen to me back in May. Only received a $50 NE2 credit even though my total monthly was about $90.
    I just got an email back from Verizon telling me that I was eligible for the annual upgrade even though my voice plan was not over 59.99/month. I only have the 450 minute package, which is well short of that. She told me that when the Storm is released, I will be able to get it for the 2 year contract price.

EDIT: Here is the relevant part from the email describing the annual upgrade eligibility:

This line is qualified to participate in this program because it meets the following requirements:

• You have been on a plan with a monthly access fee of $49.99 or above for three consecutive months prior to the upgrade request and a two-year agreement.

• You have completed 12 full months of service from the date of the last discounted equipment purchase (upgrade or new activation on a two-year service agreement) on a monthly access fee of $49.99 or above for three consecutive months prior to the upgrade request.

• Your account is current, with no past-due balance.

The following is important information regarding the Annual Upgrade Program:

• Requires a new two-year agreement that would reset the clock for New Every Two.

• The New Every Two credit cannot be used in conjunction with the Annual Upgrade Program.

• $20.00 Device Initiation Fee is required to change from the old equipment to the new equipment if the upgrade is done at a store or via Customer Service.
    Last edited by UKFan643; 11-15-08 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Adding information
    11-15-08 01:19 PM
    i called a verizon assistant and she put me on hold but she told me 20 activation fee
    11-15-08 02:25 PM
    i called a verizon assistant and she put me on hold but she told me 20 activation fee
    I'm not sure who or what you are directing this to...but so you know, there is an activation fee if you activate a new phone in-store or over the phone. Do it yourself over the internet and there is no fee.
    11-15-08 02:28 PM
    I was told today that I will not be able to upgrade until February. I will be required to buy the phone full retail if I want it. I'll be adding a line and just sucking up the 9.99/month...
    11-15-08 02:28 PM
    Got the same info from both telesales and store clerks. We get 2 yr contract price but have to pay $20 "early upgrade fee", which they say is different than the activation fee (which is normally waived).
    11-15-08 02:30 PM
    Got the same info from both telesales and store clerks. We get 2 yr contract price but have to pay $20 "early upgrade fee", which they say is different than the activation fee (which is normally waived).
    If you are in their VIP program, they waive the $20 early upgrade fee.
    11-15-08 02:32 PM
    $20 early upgrade fee?
    Activation fee?
    What the **** is Verizon Wireless doing to us?
    They're squeezing every penny out of us.
    Too bad no other carrier comes close to Verizon Wireless when it comes to call quality and wireless coverage.

I've been with VZW for years now and I go through a lot of phones. I have a friend who owns a 3rd party retailer (he carries VZW, AT&T, Sprint, MetroPCS, and T-Mobile) and he gives me phones at wholesale price or sometimes free when I refer him enough new customers. Every time I get a new phone from him, I just call VZW and do the ESN swap and never had to pay any fees so this is totally new to me.

I am now on Treo and planning to get the Storm with NE2. Does this mean they'll charge me an activation fee (I thought this only applies to brand new lines) of $35 and upgrade fee of $20?

I'm not sure if I'm in their VIP program.
    11-15-08 02:54 PM
    I was told today that I will not be able to upgrade until February. I will be required to buy the phone full retail if I want it. I'll be adding a line and just sucking up the 9.99/month...
    can you do that and cancel your data plan on your old blackberry? otherwise, it would not be an extra $9.99 a month...it would be an extra $40 a mont with the data plan.

i would add a line to get this price...if i could cancel my curve data plan and then swap numbers.
    11-15-08 02:57 PM
    I've got a dumb phone that I am going to have. So initially the Storm will be the second line, but she's gonna switch so i have the storm on my current number and the dumb phone on the new number, so only BIS on my current line like it is now. i'll just throw the other phone in the drawer. Then in February when i can upgrade i'll get me a newer one and sell the one i'm about to get on ebay...
    11-15-08 03:22 PM
    a whole lotta people with mixed info going on here...

the $20 activation fee for upgrading is called a device initiation fee. this is different than the early upgrade fee. every carrier has it. i think att's is $18. but this may not be the case with the launch of the storm. something may change. you pay the fee no matter where you upgrade from, telesales, store, online, customer service. it is waived for VIP customers, you must be on a calling plan where either the single line is $79.99 or higher or your family share primary line is $80 or higher. you must have no past due balances for 12 consecutive months. there are some other things involved too, but i cannot remember them off the top of my head.

the early upgrade fee cannot be waived, the system doesnt allow it. but if you are a VIP, you will most likely get $50 off of the device. 50-20=30. so you would be paying $219.99 and getting a $50 MIR.

customer service would not negate your NE2 credit if you are eligible for it, the system now auto-discounts items while processing the sale to avoid this happening and will always work to give you the best price available.

NE2 is also tiered. it has been if you have renewed in the last 2 years or so. $50 if your calling plan is less than $79.99 and $100 if it is over. This is pre-tax and just your calling plan. if you are on the 450 min basic with $10 text and the BIS data, even though it is 39.99+10+30=79.99, your calling plan is only 39.99. you can bundle all of those features into your plan, ie 450 min email and msg plan - 99.99 or 450 min email plan- 79.99+10 text and then you would qualify for $100 NE2.

this is a run on post, so PM me if you have questions about it. i am more than happy to answer any.
    11-15-08 04:43 PM
    i have never heard of the annual upgrade. i've been asking vzw cs about upgrading early yesterday, but none of them mentioned this. they just said i would have to pay full retail.
    11-15-08 04:44 PM
    i have never heard of the annual upgrade. i've been asking vzw cs about upgrading early yesterday, but none of them mentioned this. they just said i would have to pay full retail.
    if you are the primary line on fs plan or you have some one that is and has had their device for 12 months, you might be eligible for it. if you want me to check for you, PM me tomorrow or monday and i will look for you.
    11-15-08 04:57 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD