I'm gonna call this the mellow thread.

I am patiently waiting for my Storm to be delivered and I'm OK with waiting. Mine was ordered through my VZW corp. rep. and like others, I've been told a myriad of different shipping dates. But I'm not bitter or angry or upset. I have a pretty new Curve that I love using and there's a chance that by the time I receive my Storm, an OS update will be available. So, I'm just gonna sit back, relax and not stress out over it. The best things come to those who wait.

My "mellowing out" picture

Oh, and I'm also expecting my brand new leather recliner to be delivered the same day my Storm is. I've been waiting for that for 6 weeks! It could be a really happy day.
    11-26-08 09:48 AM
    I ordered my phone on the 21st after 6PM and had that same attitude...I was perfectly OK with having my Storm shipped Dec 5th. I had all my accessories ordered and had already received them as well. Well, I received a nice surprise when I got home yesterday from work as my Storm was waiting for me inside. I don't know how it happened, but I got mine now and am thoroughly enjoying my first BB and smartphone
    11-26-08 09:55 AM
    Ok!!! I am gonna chill with you. If you don't know who I am, I have been b*tching and moaning around here for the last five days, and to put it truthfully, I am just tired of being mad. So I am gonna picture myself on some beach, sipping a margarita, getting a massage and relaxing.

The phone will come when it comes and I am okay with that.... (I don't really feel this way, but I keep telling myself if I just repeat it, all will be fine. )
    11-26-08 09:57 AM
    I might be putting an order in soon for one and really don't mind it shipping out on the 8th of dec.
    11-26-08 10:04 AM
    Just wanted to say that I still haven't received my Storm yet, but all's well as I've had a great Thanksgiving with the family and have been enjoying some great college football.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 08:53 PM
    i ordered mine the 26th so i havent been waiting that long so im not at the level of frustration as others.but it is dis-heartening for me to hear the misfortunes of others regarding this phone knowing i could very well go through the same
    11-29-08 08:55 PM
    here's another pic for you guys

11-29-08 08:57 PM
    I'll go along with this thread...

I ordered mine 10:30 am on 11-21. Was told it would be here on the 25th. Now, it looks like the 8th.

Not upset. Not angry. Not anything but chilled waiting for this techno-wonder.

I worked for Hach-Pee for 12 years in Enterprise On-Site Server Front Line Support. I know a thing or two about delays and wonky updates. I have a serviceable phone for now... it rings, does email and sms... no worries... it will get here when it gets here..
    11-29-08 09:07 PM
    I'm chillin' like a Mickey D's Sweet Tea. :-D

11-29-08 09:13 PM
    I do love me some Mickey D's sweet tea.

11-29-08 09:21 PM
    I too am patiently waiting on the delivery of my new Storm. Longing to see an email with a tracking number, but no more. I had a great Thanksgiving also and decided it will show up eventually. No amount of worry or stress will make it any sooner.

Deep breaths... its like a weight being lifted off my shoulders. I am with ya on this post. Power to us waiting and relaxing.
    11-29-08 09:45 PM
    I'm chillin' like a Mickey D's Sweet Tea. :-D

A bit off topic, but I didn't know yankees liked sweet tea or knew that it even existed.
    Last edited by jokerls240; 11-29-08 at 10:03 PM.
    11-29-08 09:55 PM
    my frustration is starting to mellow as time passes... I know it will get here when it gets here, but the communication of information from Verizon is mind boggling.. some people get their phones quicker, some with email notifications, some without.. I heard of one person who go their phone, yet Verizon showed the phone hadnt shipped yet.. but alas, i will sit patiently waiting for my phone..although, since I dont have a tracking number, I cant contact FedEx and have them hold the item at the warehouse, since no one will be home during the day.... but, just as all things, that will pass..
    11-29-08 09:59 PM
    I have been waiting also. I ordered mine Nov 23rd, which turned into the 24. They told me Dec 15th, then the 8th. I called today they said may ship by the 2nd, who knows. I am in no rush, I am just hoping I love the phone when I get it. IT will take some time, but hopefully I will get the hang of it and enjoy. The thing I am confused about is Verizon told me they don't charge the account for the phone until it ships. I got charged on the 25th. Oh well, has to be paid for either way, I just saw the charge and assumed it shipped and have been eagerly awaiting.
    11-29-08 09:59 PM
    Just to add to the confusion, we (work) had an order put in on 11/21 at 4:30 EST. On Thanksgiving Eve, I recevied an email stating that the order would not ship until 12/5 or 12/8. Then the next day, another email was sent with a tracking number showing that the Storm would arrive Friday. Of course, no one was at the office to receive it, so the lucky dog will not get his new toy until Monday.

I'm glad I ordered mine EARLY that morning. Being a long-time BlackBerry user, I'm still trying to get used to the new technology. One tip: just type on the darn thing. Don't try to pay too much attention to what key you're hitting. If you don't get the right word, SureType will know what you mean.

The Storm does take some getting used to, but in the end, I think it was a wise purchase. Especially for those who want a little more real estate on their display.
    11-29-08 10:11 PM
    I ordered mine on 11/25 PM, after learning about the delivery change from 12/15 to 12/8. I received an email from V on the 26th stating the order was processing.

I'm prepared to wait until the 8th, but I really hope it's coming in sooner!! I may call to see if there's any new info on my order tomorrow, just to help me through this time.

9 days seems so far away...
    11-29-08 10:34 PM
    Hey, hey, hey!! Didn't we say this is the "mellow thread"??? Don't come in here with that extra today....if you wanna complain, do it elsewhere. I am TRYING to keep my chi at a satisfying and peaceful level. =)

Now where was I?

Oh yeah: big, strong, FINE man serving me dinner in the Bahamas.....

11-30-08 06:17 AM
    I saw the lines on the 21ist, drove back home and ordered a Storm online.

It came exactly one week later.

I'm feeling pretty mellow about that.
    11-30-08 06:37 AM
    I was going to stand in line to get one on the 21st, but I had to go out in the field to do a job so I missed the fun...LOL... In a way I am glad I did since the people were saying it was taking hours for activations.
    I went back to the store the next morning and ordered it from there. I was told it would ship by the 5th... I have not heard anything yet about it shipping.
    I am not upset by any means. I am looking forward to getting it soon and dumping my motorola Q.
    11-30-08 07:38 AM
    ive got mine order went into a vz store last wends. how do i know when my storm will arrive the sales guy had no clue how to check
    11-30-08 08:06 AM
    A bit off topic, but I didn't know yankees liked sweet tea or knew that it even existed.
    I'm a sweet tea addict as much as a Crackberry addict. But I don't count as a Northerner because I was born and raised in Texas where you drink sweet tea with breakfast!
    11-30-08 09:48 AM
    Do online orders process faster, or does where you live actually matter? I pulled the trigger online on Friday evening, after testing two Storms at a Verizon Wireless store. I got an e-mail this morning (Sunday!) with a tracking number. Looking forward `to getting my hands on my Storm tomorrow or Tuesday.
    11-30-08 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD