why is that everytime i have called since i have recieved my private sale flyer i keep hearing different things one said i was eligible for $100 credit the other says only $50 and another says im eligible and the other says im not till my NE2 comes up which is not till may, who am i suppose to believe and why is that everytime i call all the sales rep have something different to say all the time.
    11-19-08 09:03 AM
    Don't blame the reps 100%. At least in customer service we were told nothing about the private sale till the day of, and even then all we were told was that there was one. Nothing on how it was going to work, what to do, etc...
    11-19-08 09:04 AM
    ^^^ Amazing how you people work for VZW and don't know this, but your customers know. Why is that? Do you guys in customer service not hear these calls when they come in and then perhaps (when you realize you don't have the answer and apperently people keep calling in with this) that you take it up with your supervisor and ask as to what's going on. Why don't more CSRs think that way. Everyone that's a robot in CS I've ever dealt with seems to just go by a script like a robot. The really special cats have the ability to think out of the box and when something like this comes up they can find out themselves of a more official statement. Even if you can't do anything about it, wording it something along the lines of "I'm sorry, I know exactly what you're refering to, but we have been asked to no honor the flyer or give any official statements on the matter by management. I know you feel dissapointed, but this is all I am allowed to express to you. I can however let you speak with my supervisor if you feel this is an inadequate responce to the matter." Let your supervisors take the flak for it and perhaps "corporate" would change their ways of doing business.
    11-19-08 09:22 AM
    ^^^ Amazing how you people work for VZW and don't know this, but your customers know. Why is that? Do you guys in customer service not hear these calls when they come in and then perhaps (when you realize you don't have the answer and apperently people keep calling in with this) that you take it up with your supervisor and ask as to what's going on. Why don't more CSRs think that way. Everyone that's a robot in CS I've ever dealt with seems to just go by a script like a robot. The really special cats have the ability to think out of the box and when something like this comes up they can find out themselves of a more official statement. Even if you can't do anything about it, wording it something along the lines of "I'm sorry, I know exactly what you're refering to, but we have been asked to no honor the flyer or give any official statements on the matter by management. I know you feel dissapointed, but this is all I am allowed to express to you. I can however let you speak with my supervisor if you feel this is an inadequate responce to the matter." Let your supervisors take the flak for it and perhaps "corporate" would change their ways of doing business.
    Very well stated. If you're not allowed to speak of it, or not allowed to honor it, just say so, instead of doing a poor job of pretending like you don't know what it is.
    11-19-08 09:29 AM
    There are plenty of things that VZW could improve upon, such as informing us of upcoming promotions like this one. I can't speak for all reps, but I am of the sort that will try to help in any way I can. Of course, I will always get a customer to a sup if they want one and let them take the flak. This promotion came out of nowhere and it is causing a huge uproar with our customers. I'd say a good half of my calls for the past 2 days are all about this sale. All we can do is try to move up the upgrade date if it is w/in 30days or so and maybe give some sort of credit if they can upgrade already. Case by case basis. Are some reps better than others? **** yeah! Everyday I have to fight with others that have no clue what they are doing and fix the accounts they have so skillfully screwed up. Everyday is a fun day! lol
    11-19-08 09:31 AM
    i agree with jsrccivic98
    Last edited by alwayssolo; 11-19-08 at 09:36 AM.
    11-19-08 09:33 AM
    Call your local store and get a manager on the phone, they seem to have participated in the mtg's, webcasts, etc. and understand what the process will be ....
    11-19-08 09:34 AM
    There are plenty of things that VZW could improve upon, such as informing us of upcoming promotions like this one. I can't speak for all reps, but I am of the sort that will try to help in any way I can. Of course, I will always get a customer to a sup if they want one and let them take the flak. This promotion came out of nowhere and it is causing a huge uproar with our customers. I'd say a good half of my calls for the past 2 days are all about this sale. All we can do is try to move up the upgrade date if it is w/in 30days or so and maybe give some sort of credit if they can upgrade already. Case by case basis. Are some reps better than others? **** yeah! Everyday I have to fight with others that have no clue what they are doing and fix the accounts they have so skillfully screwed up. Everyday is a fun day! lol
    Great insight! I also think it gets tricky for CS reps when the phone has not been released yet. And people flood the line asking to get a phone that cant even be shipped yet.
    11-19-08 09:36 AM
    I called earlier this morning and they said they have the phone in stock and is ready to be shipped
    11-19-08 09:40 AM
    Great insight! I also think it gets tricky for CS reps when the phone has not been released yet. And people flood the line asking to get a phone that cant even be shipped yet.
    Indeed. I am still unsure about what everyone here is saying about telesales doing preorders. We haven't been told anything about preorders, just that we can't do them. I know we can order the accessories, but not the phone.
    11-19-08 09:40 AM
    Indeed. I am still unsure about what everyone here is saying about telesales doing preorders. We haven't been told anything about preorders, just that we can't do them. I know we can order the accessories, but not the phone.
    I pre-ordered mine last night via telesales and Dulac has been facilitating it as well.
    11-19-08 09:59 AM
    I called earlier this morning and they said they have the phone in stock and is ready to be shipped

has anyone's been shipped?
    11-19-08 10:01 AM
    has anyone's been shipped?
    im waiting to call later today and if the price is right then i will order mine today, the only thing they told me if i ordered it today it would take 7-10 bussiness days and i asked if they would do overnight shipping they said they dont do that cuz they are in the marketing dept.
    11-19-08 10:05 AM
    it's always like this. somehow I always seem to know more about the car I want to buy then the salesman trying to sell it to me knows. it's the same with employees--I know more ways around all these problems than anyone in my local VZW store. I learned more about the storm and it's release from this site that I did from the people in the store. it's the economy, haha.
    11-19-08 10:08 AM
    Most of the telesales Reps are taking preorders and Verizon Management is Aware of it. The Rep I placed my preorder with has everything ready to go and just can't put the order in the system until Friday Morning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 10:11 AM
    WARNING: I AM CALLING TO ORDER A STORM WHEN I GET OUT OF CLASS. 399,999 left.
    11-19-08 10:14 AM
    ^Good luck IF there are any left!

11-19-08 10:20 AM
    I use to work in a golf retail shop.. customers use to always come ask me if this or that was out yet. I had no idea. I lost intrest. I did not want to research what was comming out or what is the next big thing becuase I already worked 40 hrs in and around golf..., it gets old. That is probably why so many people get different answers.

Bah.. maybe we should all work for a wireless company.
    11-19-08 10:21 AM
    ^Good luck IF there are any left!

haha. save me one.
    11-19-08 10:24 AM
    I get a different answer anytime I call telesales, or call circuit city, or call a Verizon store. I even get different answers when I go to a store in person. I'm just going to wait until Friday see how this thing shakes out.
    11-19-08 10:25 AM
    I get a different answer anytime I call telesales, or call circuit city, or call a Verizon store. I even get different answers when I go to a store in person. I'm just going to wait until Friday see how this thing shakes out.
    I hear ya on that
    11-19-08 10:38 AM
    move the upgrade date as in move up the NE2 date up to take advantage of the promotion? I spoke w/ a rep about the early upgrade promotion using the flyer num, she said she'd note it on my account and allowed me to use my NE2 a month + 1 week early. later on when i called normal cs, they said there's no note and i can't use my NE2 for the storm. maybe i'll ask them to move the date up next time or put in a credit.
    11-19-08 10:58 AM
    I called them today. Here is my situation. I just got a new 8330 two weeks ago on my NE2. So, my plan was to just return it (within 30 days) and get a new storm. However when I called today, the rep told me because I am a VIP with the "Private Sale" flyer that I am eligible for a storm for $249 and a $50 mail in rebate bringing it down to $199. I specifically asked if I could just keep my 8330, and he said yes because I am a VIP I don't need to wait for my NE2 which isn't till 2010. Now, should I keep my 8330 and try to sell it? It only cost me $50 on my NE2 two weeks ago. What's a new 8330 worth? I was figuring I would just go back to the same store on Friday AM where I got the 8330 and do the swap for a storm.
    11-19-08 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD