What is it? Where do I find it? How do I delete it? Is it important?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 12:23 AM
    03-08-09 12:42 AM
    What is it?
    -Basically it logs all the events which happen on your BlackBerry.

Where do I find it?
    -From the home screen rotate your phone to landscape mode. "BlackBerry button" "Show Keyboard" Then hold down the "!?123" buttong for num lock. Then type " / " /

How do I delete it?
    -Once you have the event log open. "BlackBerry button" "Clear Log"

Is it important?
    -Somebody might correct me here, but its not too important to my knowledge. Unless you are a beta tester for RIM or your service provider. I doubt you will have much use for this.
    03-08-09 12:48 AM
    My event log says warning in brackets beside it is that good ???
    04-15-09 03:27 PM
    My event log says warning in brackets beside it is that good ???
    It will not going to harm your Storm if you clear your log... I do it all the time. In fact, it doesn't even make your Storm run any faster.
    04-15-09 03:32 PM
    Is there any downsides to clearing the event log ???
    04-15-09 04:10 PM
    Is there any downsides to clearing the event log ???
    You'll miss out on all those hundreds of very informative events!

Or to put it simply… no.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 04:22 PM
    Ok thanks now the last question I cleared my event log and then selected hide all types and I saved now thats said to disable the event log, but does it really stop the event log or does it just hide it like it says (hide) ?
    04-15-09 04:32 PM
    i would actually like to know the answer to this question as well.
    04-22-09 02:15 PM
    From the post by Sook

"5. This is disabling your even log , also seems to save battery and increase speed. turn your phone to landscape mode , MENU> SHOW KEYBORED> TYPE /"/"/ > even log will then pop up >CLICK MENU CLEAR LOG > THEN MENU > PROPERTIES > CLICK ON THE FIRST ITEM IN THE LIST > MENU HIDE ALL TYPE."

I read a thread some time ago about this one not sure it really makes a difference? I tried a little test.

1. Went to event log and cleared it.
    2. Sent log to background then started an app (ap mobile) viewed a page then closed it.
    3. Went back to log there were about 20 entries noted the last 5
    4. Hide all enteries, sent event log to back.
    5. Went back to ap mobile viewed 3 pages closed it
    6. Back to the log, changed to show all now 60+ entries (about 35 from the last entered.

If the even log was "turned off" there should not have been any more than the original entries that were there before it was turned off. But opening an app tripled the number of entries so does hiding all events really do anything for memory consumption or is the hide function more a tool for debugging and enable someone to view only certain fields (logs) at a given time.

On a side note the reason I brought this up is I was looking to find someone to make an app that worked like logmaid that could have a icon on the homescreen that could be used on demand in stead of the whole /"/" thing.
    04-22-09 04:34 PM
    Quick Launch does have a shortcut key to event log. QL is also one of the must have apps for Storm user.
    Last edited by lycafe; 04-22-09 at 04:48 PM.
    04-22-09 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD