Yesterday I started getting this error message on my Storm "Uncaught Exception: Java.lang.Nulpointerexception"

Ever since that error message came up I have been having problems with my Storm receiving messages & emails. I mean my phone shows that i have new messages & emails, but it is not allowing me to see them & my icon for my email account went away after receiving this message.

I tried to figure out what it was on the phone, with no luck, then I was going to just do a restore to my phone via Desktop Manager, but every time I connect my phone to the computer via the USB connection, Desktop Manager shows me a message saying that the connection to my device failed & to make sure that it is connected properly to the computer, so I am unable to do a restore on my device at this time as well.

Any suggestions?? Anyone else having the same problem??
    12-14-08 09:45 AM
    What did you do to the Storm prior to receiving this message? Did you install an application?
    12-14-08 10:12 AM
    have you done a battery pull?
    12-14-08 10:13 AM
    I activated & updated Documents to go on the phone, then a few minutes later I started getting this message.
    12-14-08 10:14 AM
    have you done a battery pull?
    Tried this several times, & it doesn't fix the problem.
    12-14-08 10:14 AM
    Go and delete the application Docs to Go. That will solve your problem. You can always reinstall the application later without the update.
    12-14-08 10:15 AM
    Go and delete the application Docs to Go. That will solve your problem. You can always reinstall the application later without the update.
    I thought the same thing, so I tried this as well, and it still is not solved the problem
    12-14-08 10:16 AM
    Do you have Weatherbug installed on your phone?
    12-14-08 10:17 AM
    And even with the problems with Desktop Manager, I went ahead & uninstalled & then reinstalled DM & it is still giving me the same error message saying that it can't connect to the phone properly but it shows that it is connected to my Storm (shows my PIN & says connected).
    12-14-08 10:19 AM
    Do you have Weatherbug installed on your phone?
    Negative the only other app that I had on my phone was the CB loader for the mobile site, I even took that off thinking that maybe that was the problem, but I am still in the same boat.
    12-14-08 10:20 AM
    That is very strange. It's something in the update from Docs to Go that is causing your error I would have to assume. I just don't see how if you've already uninstalled it, you would still be getting the same problem.
    12-14-08 10:23 AM
    Is it a new phone. Do you have a lot of info on it? If not, have you considered doing a wipe of the phone and reinstalling the OS?
    12-14-08 10:23 AM
    Is it a new phone. Do you have a lot of info on it? If not, have you considered doing a wipe of the phone and reinstalling the OS?
    I don't have a ton of info on it, and all the info that is on it I have on a backup on my computer, but I Haven't been able to get Desktop Manager to connect to my phone so that I can do a wipe & then reinstall. When I connect the phone to my computer, DM connects to the phone, says that it is verifying the info on the phone, checks for updates. When I try to change anything on the phone, it says that the phone isn't connected properly & it is unable to connect to the phone properly & to check to make sure that the USB connection is connected properly. I even tried changing USB ports, and that didn't solve that problem.
    12-14-08 10:28 AM
    Try using JL_Cmder to wipe the phone.
    12-14-08 10:35 AM
    Try using JL_Cmder to wipe the phone.
    I just don't want to do a wipe if I can't get DM to recognize that the phone is connected.
    12-14-08 10:36 AM
    After you're done with the wipe DM will recognize the phone. I don't see a problem with the computer or DM. I believe it's the phone causing the problem for you right now.
    12-14-08 10:47 AM
    Or, better yet, have Verizon order you a replacement and switch your info onto the new phone they send you.
    12-14-08 10:48 AM
    Are these the only 2 options that I have to fix this?
    12-14-08 03:35 PM
    Well after contacting Tech Support & following their suggestion, I now have my Storm working properly again. I went ahead and did a wipe on my phone & then reconnected it to my computer & amazingly DM then recognized the phone properly & I was able to do a restore on my phone & now everything is working properly.

Thanks for the assistance, the only reason that I called Tech Support was to make sure that they were aware of it that way if it didn't work (after them telling me to do so), I wouldn't have had a hard time getting a replacement.
    12-14-08 04:55 PM
    Great, I'm glad that you got it working now. I completely understand, and I agree with you. At least if anything goes wrong, you can blame them instead of me!
    12-14-08 05:01 PM
    Great, I'm glad that you got it working now. I completely understand, and I agree with you. At least if anything goes wrong, you can blame them instead of me!
    That is why I finally decided to break down & call tech support, so that it was at least documented on my account, the problem that I was having.
    12-14-08 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD