So I originally thought using the cleaner (app that came w/ BB) was the cause of my "error backing up" message I got from the desktop manager. I haven't used it and ended up restoring a previous dates info on there, updated that info most current and then backed it up (successful). So here I am a day later and trying to back up today's info (since I added some stuff to the calendar) and I get the "error backing up" message. I don't know what's causing this error. Does anyone else have this problem or know how I can fix this problem?
    06-23-09 11:43 PM
    Try clearing your cache, either from Browser>BB key>Options>Cache Operations or from DM, BackUP and Restore>Advanced>Browser Cache>Clear
    06-24-09 12:50 AM
    So I clicked options, advanced, browser (default browser configuration: ) is the only thing on the screen. I don't see where the cache is.
    06-24-09 07:31 AM
    Open your browser, press the BB button, click options/ click on cache operations, then click on all the clear buttons.
    06-24-09 07:45 AM
    You can also do this from DM, before you back up. From the Backup/Restore DM screen, click Advanced, then scroll down to Browser Cache and click the Clear button.
    06-24-09 07:51 AM
    Thanks! I cleared the cache and will try to backup my Storm again tonight.
    06-24-09 01:11 PM
    Just to be sure, do it again from DM immediately prior to trying the backup. This always works for me.
    06-24-09 02:49 PM
    So clearing the cache on my phone did not do the trick. I wasn't able to try clearing the cache from DM and have to figure out how to do that next (if it happens again). I ended up wiping my storm because I restored my phone w/ my last backup, but it didn't have the correct number of entries for my calendar (tried copying my backup calendar onto my device, but it wouldn't accept it). Once I wiped it and restored w/ the most currect backup....i added an additional item to my calendar and proceeded to backup and had success. So hopefully I've gotten over this problem and won't be dealing w/ it the next time I back up my phone. Thank you all for your help!
    06-24-09 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD