don't know what to do this comes up when i turn my phone on
    11-23-08 11:40 AM
    You need to reload the OS.
    11-23-08 11:41 AM
    Overview
    The following is a notification of items identified regarding the RIM Storm launch as of 11/21/08. The following documents the items and action associated with those items. This information will be updated with the latest status.

Details:

Reports of inability to establish a data connection on the Blackberry Storm.

Action: As a temporary workaround for this data connection follow these steps:

1. Insure the device is activated using standard provisioning process.

2. Remove the battery from the device.

3. Re-install the battery and power up the device.

4. Verify that the service icon is displayed "1XEV".

5. Within 30 seconds the device will be able to establish a data connection.

Some out of box error messages. The error messages are "Download Software: 501", "Download Software: 507" or "JVM102". These errors occurred due to incorrect flashing in the distribution centers.
    Action: Devices experiencing this issue should be processed according to established DOA procedures. These devices should not be upgraded.

Some reports of an error message when establishing POP E-Mail accounts on the BIS server when the user had a previous POP E-mail account established. The error message "Your account has been suspended. Please contact your system administrator" displays on the device.
    Action: Still under investigation.
    11-23-08 11:44 AM
    BlackBerry Error Codes And Resolutions

Like I said, Reinstall the OS.
    11-23-08 11:48 AM
    i can't reinstall the os i tired it asked for a password and i never set one i tired everything i can't figure it out....i'm so confused
    11-23-08 12:37 PM
    What asked for a password? If your phone has a 507 error code, there is no password set on the device. Error 507 is when the device does not have any Operating System installed on it. That would mean something else wants a password.
    11-23-08 02:44 PM
    i can't reinstall the os i tired it asked for a password and i never set one i tired everything i can't figure it out....i'm so confused
    just leave the password blank, that's the default..
    11-23-08 02:46 PM
    i got it thanks for all the help
    11-23-08 05:02 PM
    This is awesome! Glad it worked for you.

I am looking to purchase the storm 9530 with the same issue but I am planning to unlock it for usage on the AT&T network.

When re installing the OS, were there any Verizon prompts that I would have to get through? With me not being the original owner of the phone it would cause problems if they asked for a verizon number or something
    01-14-11 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD