I just bought the Blackberry Storm, and I was trying to intall the desktop software on my Windows XP system.. When I clicked "Install Software", that error popped up "Error 1327.Invalid Drive: E:\", and exits install.. Problem is, I don't have, or never had an E drive.. Just C and D drives.. Any idea how I can fix this?
    02-14-09 08:44 PM
    This is an error that occurs with the windows registry. What is happening is that msi (Microsoft Installer) is thinking that your hard drive is drive e instead of your default location. This can be fixed easily.

1) Click Start> Programs> Administrative Tools and click Disk Administrator.
    Or go to Control Panel> Administrative Tools and click Disk Administrator.
    2) Right-click the drive whose letter you want to change. On the shortcut menu, click Assign Drive Letter. (this will be on the bottom half of the screen right if not in the top)
    3) Select the correct drive letter from the list and click OK.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 09:01 PM
    I don't see Programs in the Start menu. Only "All Programs"
    02-14-09 09:10 PM
    I went to the Control Panel, and I didnt see Administrative Tools.. So I went to Performence and Maintainence, and I saw the Administrative Tools, but then I didn't see Disk Administrator
    02-14-09 09:17 PM
    I don't see Programs in the Start menu. Only "All Programs"
    You're using vista then. Let me fix the steps to accommodate that OS.

1) Click Start> Control Panel> Administrative Tools (make sure it is in classic view) and click Computer Management.
    2) Click on Disk Management. Right-click the drive whose letter you want to change. On the shortcut menu, click Change Drive Letter and Path.
    3) Click Change and from "Assign the following drive letter", select the correct drive letter from the list and click OK.

02-14-09 09:19 PM
    I don't see any Drive letter that I can click on. Only Volume, which it won't let me change..
    02-14-09 09:28 PM
    Was you Blackberry plugged into your pc while you were doing this?
    02-14-09 09:31 PM
    I don't see any Drive letter that I can click on. Only Volume, which it won't let me change..
    Under volume it should have letters for all your drives, just click the one that is your hard drive.

02-14-09 09:32 PM
    No it wasn't.. Blackberry support told me that it easn't suppost to be plugged in until prompted to plug it it..
    02-14-09 09:32 PM
    Under volume it should have letters for all your drives, just click the one that is your hard drive.

Directly below the volume box, I see "Disc 0" and "SQ003966 (c i can right click either, but can't change either....?
    02-14-09 09:38 PM
    Uhh, (c: ) lol it made a smiley face.. thats gay
    02-14-09 09:39 PM
    everything i right click in the disc managment section says its related to volume..
    02-14-09 09:43 PM
    What do you see for volumes? Do you see a C: D: and E: or just a C: and D:?
    02-14-09 09:53 PM
    Just C: for volumes, and one that doesnt have a letter next to it..
    02-14-09 09:56 PM
    When i click on the blank one, the only option is "delete partition..
    02-14-09 09:57 PM
    Any other suggestions?
    02-15-09 12:15 PM
    You are not going to be able to change the drive letter of your boot partition. There is a command prompt utility that is able to virtually change the drive letter to truck the installer into thinking the E drive is C. I don't have the info with me but just do a google search and you should find it.

02-15-09 12:27 PM
    Even tho this ms knowledge article is for office 2000, it will work in your situation

You receive an "Error 1327. Invalid Drive" error message when you try to install Office 2000
    02-15-09 02:37 PM
    I've got this issue, but the problem is the drive it says is invalid IS in fact a real drive.

I moved all my docs / pictures / etc. over to a NAS drive, which is Drive Z:/ when I go to the Registry it shows the drives i moved as being z:/ locations, which is right. But I am still getting the "invalid" error. Help!
    02-17-09 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD