I think we can just about say that the storm has officially flopped. Ive read 4 in depth reviews and none of them were glowing.

This phone could have been a real winner, but as of right now, I think there is going to be a lot of pissed off people come this weekend.
    11-19-08 11:55 PM
    /sigh I don't think it flopped...but it's certainly not the phone to end all phones.
    11-20-08 12:28 AM
    All i want is momentum scroll. That's it.

Oh, and the iPhone went through all sorts of **** when it first came out. Everyone still frothed over it like a rabid wolf.
    11-20-08 12:47 AM

Oh, and the iPhone went through all sorts of **** when it first came out. Everyone still frothed over it like a rabid wolf.
    But I think that was because touch screen phones in general were unheard of before the iphone. When it came out, it was seriously a revolution. The Blackberry comes out 2 years later and people are expecting another revolution. This isn't going to happen. Don't get me wrong, I still believe the Storm is a great phone, but its not even close to how great the release of the iPhone was. (Maybe to those who hate At&t or can't stand the iPhone)
    11-20-08 12:51 AM
    I think we can just about say that the storm has officially flopped. Ive read 4 in depth reviews and none of them were glowing.

This phone could have been a real winner, but as of right now, I think there is going to be a lot of pissed off people come this weekend.
    Sheesh. I'm glad you cleared that up for me. I'll set another point for everyone to follow: Make sure you all pack up and move for Canada, because the U.S. economy is a flop.

Is this seriously American's reaction to critics? What the **** do they know anyway? All of the reviews basically said "It not that great" to every single feature on the entire phone. Do you all think the last 100 posts of people who have used the phone at booths/stores were just lying about how neat and easy to use it was? Or how thought went into everything about the phone.
    11-20-08 12:58 AM
    Hummmm... I am planning on either getting the 8330 or the storm and that review made me want the 8330 over the storm. I just know the laggyness would drive me nuts. I will play with the storm before I make my decision though. Also I am wondering if there is a way to turn off the fading that the storm does when you open stuff cause that would make it much quicker it seems.
    11-20-08 01:49 AM
    Hummmm... I am planning on either getting the 8330 or the storm and that review made me want the 8330 over the storm. I just know the laggyness would drive me nuts. I will play with the storm before I make my decision though. Also I am wondering if there is a way to turn off the fading that the storm does when you open stuff cause that would make it much quicker it seems.
    lagginess is something that is easily fixed with an OS update or two.
    11-20-08 02:13 AM
    seriously if verizon released all these phones and they are pushing an update other than .65 this friday (what all these review probably used) then they are totally ****ing idiots!
    11-20-08 02:15 AM
    nice...........
    11-20-08 07:46 AM
    I have only read the opening paragraphs and already you can see engadget has a bias and is slightly misinformed. They are stating that the iPhone and Storm are targeting similar markets. Not so. I can be persuaded to agree that there is some overlap, but the Storm is definitely set up to cater more to business driven phone user than the iPhone. The iPhone has mostly been targeted at the Apple loving iPod users who need to have Apple everything. They only more recently have tried to break into the business end of it by uprgading the security features of the iPhone. I have heard Apple is working on a new car and clothing line. ;-) The only similar target is touch screen users and lets be honest, you buy a phone for what it can do first and foremost. Touch screen is only an additional like or dislike feature. There are several other touch screen options for VZW and they all get **** on because they are not good phones.

Hopefully the rest of the review is better.
    11-20-08 08:13 AM
    Another so-so review. Bummer.

I agree with the majority here, OS updates should fix it. It's just a matter of how long it will take (I hope RIM has their developers working super OT for a fix!!).
    11-20-08 08:19 AM
    There will be lots of OS updates, I know there are test versions of higher OS versions out there. From what I heard (complete speculation of course) There will be a new update available either tomorrow when it comes out or shortly after.

All I can say is its a first generation phone. Its not going to be perfect, but they will drastically enhance the already great platform with updates often.

Personally, I think they shouldn't review it after a day of switiching from their iphones. I'm not saying they are meaning to be biased but they are comparing it to what they use on a daily basis... the iphone.
    11-20-08 08:34 AM
    Well...after reading the rest of the review, I still see their bias to Apple, but I think it was much more accurate and fair than the introductory paragraphs. I also think it was much better written than the BGR review.
    Ultimately I came away feeling that people are forgetting that this is the first version of this phone and when the first generation iPhone came out there were similar issues with a lack of third party apps and such. As the days went on the phone got better. The advantage the iPhone had was that they really did not have any competition pushing them. Unfortunately RIM has to battle comparisons of their product to something that has been on the market for a while and has had a chance to make modifications based on real users reviews. The good news is RIM is a great company and I expect them to respond quicker than Apple did and we should see significant improvements (software upgrades and increased application options) sooner than later. At least that is MY OPINION.
    11-20-08 08:35 AM
    Nice iphone/storm comparison...

If this is the first version of the phone do you think there will be a storm 2 a year later? I would feel almost as suckered as the people who paid $500 for the Iphone 2g and then had to cough up more money a year later for the 3g.
    11-20-08 10:46 AM
    lagginess is something that is easily fixed with an OS update or two.
    That is a good point. I am excited to go to a Verizon store and try it out.
    11-20-08 01:47 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD