For the past 3-4 days I've been having problems with emails being deleted from my handheld that I didn't actually delete. I have it set to keep messages for 30 days but emails I got on Thursday and Friday are already gone. When I deleted something else today I noticed that the saved messages I had are no longer on my handheld. I saw on another thread to increase my memory but it's currently at 39 for applications and 866 for the device....do I need more and how do I get it? If not is there something to do to?
    Last edited by Iloveny1116; 04-18-10 at 09:20 PM.
    04-18-10 09:17 PM
    Depending on the email account in question, bidirectional sync of email deletions now work better then before (i.e. with more account types), so if you're checking email and deleting it via a desktop client on your PC (i.e. email is being deleted off the server mailbox), eventually that deletion will sync down to the BB and emails will go away.

However, if your emails do not follow this pattern and just delete for no reason whatsoever, then chances are good you're having memory issues and the BB is deleting messages to make room, but having 39MB of File Free should be enough not to cause this.

Also, it would be nice to know what OS version you have and what type of email account this is happening with.
    04-18-10 09:35 PM
    The emails are deleting by themselves pretty much - I still have them in my inbox on my PC. I did a battery pull so I'll see if that helps. I'm using the newest OS (5.0 I think?) and my email carrier/account is with Yahoo. I've had memory problems in the past though and this is the first time it's affecting my emails.
    04-18-10 10:07 PM
    JRSCCivic98's response is 100% correct and i'll add one more thing and hopefully this could help you out as i was once wondering the same.

if i get an email in my yahoo account and take a look at it on pc, and then move the email to a folder i have in my yahoo account, lets say its an email from a credit card company and i chose not to delete it but instead to "file" it and move it to a folder i created for keeping track, then even then, it would be automatically removed from my BB inbox/mailbox.

once i didnt understand why my emails were disappearing off my device and i kept going back and fwd checking my mailbox options and every time i saw it said "keep msgs forever" - which is what i wanted and slowly it came to me and i noticed i this happened as i was moving my msgs into folders thru desktop.
    04-19-10 05:57 PM
    The emails are deleting by themselves pretty much - I still have them in my inbox on my PC. I did a battery pull so I'll see if that helps. I'm using the newest OS (5.0 I think?) and my email carrier/account is with Yahoo. I've had memory problems in the past though and this is the first time it's affecting my emails.
    What does this mean? What type of account are we talking about here? If it's a POP3 account, then when you pull down the emails to your Outlook client, they get pulled off the email server and inturn get pulled off the BB because the BIS servers see that as a delete and it syncs the deletions down to the BB.

I suspect this is the problem you're having... which of course is not a problem at all. Figure out if this is a big problem for you and then just log into the BIS website and turn off the "Sync Deleted Items" for each email account in question.
    04-19-10 07:41 PM
    I have no idea what a POP3 account means...I'm not using outlook I'm using Yahoo and I'm not moving my emails to different folders. I open an email on my handheld...I read it...and two days later it's gone even though I NEVER deleted it.
    04-20-10 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD