I have tried to get the emails that are sitting in my MS Outlook account at work (yes, we have BES) on to my Storm. Three times now I have "wiped" the device, activated the Enterprise Activation with a password only to have those emails received after the activation moment. There are just over 250 messages in my INBOX.
    On one occasion, the device did actually receive emails from 14 days prior to activation. Thinking that I could get more than just the past 14 days worth of emails, I went hunting. So I did find this doc from BB Technical Solution Center (KB11632):

How to increase the number of email messages that appear during the enterprise activation process and message prepopulation
    Overview
    Depending on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version, complete one of the following procedures:

BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1

Open BlackBerry Manager.
    Choose the BlackBerry Enterprise Server name.
    On the Server Configuration tab, select Edit Properties.
    Click Messaging.
    In the Message pre-population section, type values for the maximum number of days and maximum number of email messages.
    Note: BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1 Service Pack 3 (4.1.3) or later can support 14 days or 750 messages.

BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0

Open BlackBerry Manager.
    Right-click the BlackBerry Enterprise Server name.
    Select BlackBerry Server Properties.
    On the Pre-population tab, type the values for the maximum number of days and maximum number of email messages.
    Note: BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0 or earlier can support 7 days or 350 messages.

BlackBerry Professional Software

Open BlackBerry Manager.
    Click the Home tab.
    Click Edit Server Properties.
    Click Messaging.
    In the Message Prepopulation section, type values for the maximum number of days and maximum number of messages.
    Note: These values cannot be greater than 14 days and 750 email messages.

So our I/T guy set up for maximum messages. I wiped the device, activated Enterprise Activation and waited for the messages to fill the device. You guessed it - only those messages received after activation are showing up!
    I have done many searches in this forum to no avail.
    Wireless Reconcile is ON...I have tried RECONCILE NOW, but no old messages are arriving (is this what is referred to as populating??). Sorry for the length post but have hit a wall and am not happy. Thanx for any assistance.
    01-16-09 04:19 PM
    You might find better help on this topic in the Blackberry Administrators forum. Our BES is set to sync 14 days back and it works w/o a problem. Also, you don't have to wipe your phone every time. You can simply reactivate and it will pick up past messages if the BES is configured properly.
    01-16-09 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD