Hi all,

This question is a little early, because it hasn't happened yet. But because of all the great wisdom and support I have gotten here, I thought I would ask so that I am prepared.

The company I work for is switching our email to Microsoft Exchange next week. Currently, I have my work (and personal) email sent to my Storm (I believe it's IMAP). Will Exchange work the same way? One of my colleagues mentioned syncing wirelessly instead of through Desktop Manager once we make the switch to Exchange, but I am lost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    06-26-09 02:16 PM
    short answer.. maybe

My company uses exchange and has "outlook web access" (OWA) setup as well - that allows ime to get my work emails through the regular BIS system. There's several threads discussing how to set/reset that for OWA... though I've actually found the regular/simpler BIS settings work fine for me. Part of it, I believe, is that the mail server is visible/accessible outside the company WAN. IF you have to be inside the company's firewall directly or w/ VPN, I dont think you can use BIS.

If they are going to BES as well, though, that's another topic. The third alternative is the desktop redirector.

Best thing is to search this site for BIS or Exchange or OWA.. you'll find lots of threads to read up on.
    06-26-09 04:22 PM
    Thank you! I will check that out- and will also Google what all those acronyms stand for (haha).
    06-26-09 04:41 PM
    My school recently switched to exchange and it was easy for me as soon as I figured out the right address to place in the BIS setup.
    06-26-09 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD