So I got a replacement due to various reasons. Now my Gmail account wont push email to my storm. I dont know how to force refresh it either. Im new to blackberry and I switched from the iPhone. I love everything about the storm because it does everything that I used my iPhone for. But email is the most important to me and I need it to work!
    12-04-08 05:55 PM
    So I got a replacement due to various reasons. Now my Gmail account wont push email to my storm. I dont know how to force refresh it either. Im new to blackberry and I switched from the iPhone. I love everything about the storm because it does everything that I used my iPhone for. But email is the most important to me and I need it to work!
    Have you logged into BIS and changed to the new device?
    12-04-08 05:58 PM
    Just log into BIS and on the left click on change device. Update the PIN for your new Storm and that should take care of the problem. GMail itself was already correctly set up since you had it on your previous Storm. Let me know if I can be of more assistance.
    12-04-08 05:59 PM
    Yes i updated the PIN on the phone, my Yahoo email comes through find. I have tested it by sending email to myself. And yahoo comes instantly and gmail just doesnt send.
    12-04-08 06:01 PM
    When you log into BIS can you see both your Yahoo and Gmail accounts there? Does either one of them have a red circle next to it?
    12-04-08 06:08 PM
    sorry, i might sound like a noob but what does BIS stand for? But when I go to Email Accounts under "Setup" nothing is red.
    12-04-08 06:10 PM
    12-04-08 06:12 PM
    2 things, if you setup your Gmail with a filter to not send your responses back as Gmail does. Then thats one, 2 I would go to the BIS site and make sure all settings are correct from there as there is a few more options available there. Then I would switch the device from there. Good luck.
    12-04-08 06:17 PM
    Hurdlinmasta,

Are you doing this on your phone, or with your computer?

I just activated my replacement phone today also. I did not get any gmail pushed to my phone until I logged into my BIS account with my COMPUTER.

Once I logged in with the COMPUTER, I simply updated to my new PIN and ESN. I resent my service books for good measure and started getting gmails instantly.

One caveat - In order for you to access your BIS account using the COMPUTER, you MUST have created a user name and password from your PHONE.

This can be done by clicking on "setup" and then "email settings" it should prompt you to create a new account.

Once you've created the account with your phone, you can then access it using your COMPUTER. Login again and change your PIN and ESN and you're good to go!

GOod luck!
    12-04-08 06:19 PM
    It wont let me create a new account because it says my PIN is in use. Is there something special I have to do?

And I have no filters set.
    12-04-08 06:23 PM
    Don't create a new account. If you don't know the password it can PIN you the password and log in.
    12-04-08 06:27 PM
    When I go under Email Settings I created email "[email protected]" is that what you are talking about? It still doesnt work on the login.
    12-04-08 06:30 PM
    Ok. I got this solved. I had to call up VZW to make a username for me. Yes, it did have a circle so I just validated and i got it instantly. Thank you all for being patient.
    12-04-08 06:40 PM
    No, you don't need to create an e-mail. How many e-mail accounts do you see when you log into BIS?
    12-04-08 06:44 PM
    I see 3 email accounts.

Yahoo, Gmail , Blackberry

UPDATE: Gmail seems like it didnt work. And there is no circle in BIS.
    12-04-08 07:50 PM
    I tried everything you said Gnome and no go.
    12-04-08 08:42 PM
    Have you logged into BIS and changed to the new device?
    how do you get to BIS? i unlock the phone and im using my tmobile sim card but i dont see the browser icon no more. can u help.
    12-04-08 10:34 PM
    Dude, dont steal my thread
    12-04-08 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD