Anyone know what's causing my little red astricks to either stay on when i don't have a message or not show up at all when i do have a message?

If i have a message and have the phone in protrait, no astrick. Switch to landscape and i have an astrick.

I currently have no new emails but the astrick is there and there is no little envelope in the top of the screen so there is def no msgs that are new. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks.
    01-23-09 09:00 AM
    something in call logs or perhaps a hidden email/sms. There are dozens of threads about this if you want to read more about it. Just clear your call log and see if it goes away, if not clear messages.
    01-23-09 09:03 AM
    Anyone know what's causing my little red astricks to either stay on when i don't have a message or not show up at all when i do have a message?

If i have a message and have the phone in protrait, no astrick. Switch to landscape and i have an astrick.

I currently have no new emails but the astrick is there and there is no little envelope in the top of the screen so there is def no msgs that are new. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks.
    I've actually been having the same problem. The official .76 release for Telus didnt have it, and I've really noticed it happening in the .86 and .90 release. I've also cleared everything, checked hidden messages but everything is checked. What I noticed is when I hit the blackberry button then the back button, the red asterisks are gone. But its really annoying to have to do that all the time
    01-23-09 09:24 AM
    Oh, let me put on my cape, spin around, and solve this for you !

**** Go into your settings and make sure your GRID LAYOUT is on DEFAULT***

Yes, that is a known issue affecting the red star notifiers!

Fixed my prob and others too!

Try it and let us know!
    01-23-09 09:53 AM

Try it and let us know!
    i also have this problem...where specifically is this setting?
    01-23-09 10:14 AM
    nevermind...found it.... Options > Advanced Options > Accessibility

hopefully this fixes everything, because the issue at hand is quite annoying at times.
    01-23-09 10:19 AM
    works like a charm
    01-23-09 10:36 AM

Try it and let us know!
    Well must be quite the magical cape!! Thanks a lot! That was a really annoying bug but thanks again for the work around!!
    01-23-09 11:10 AM
    thanks a lot, fixed it!

ps: had nothing to do with call log
    01-23-09 03:37 PM
    You're welcome! That drove me crazy too. I have helped a few people with it on here. (this is where I learned too)

Spread the word!
    01-23-09 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD