After 4 attempts to install .83 on my Storm over the last 4 hours, including 4 wipes, I'm baffled.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the OS from my PC multiple times, wiped my device multiple times. Tried both with and without an internet connection. Updated API files.

However...I would get the error, "The application 'Email Setup Application' cannot be loaded because some required files are not available" when attempting to load .83 either through DM or through the AppLoader.

Okay, so I figured I'd try reinstalling .75 and seeing if .83 would install over it. Nope, all attempts at that led me to the static/snow/screen of death upon reboot. Battery pull...and same screen when I'd reboot again.

I did a search of the forums and haven't found a similar problem. I hope somehow someone has a solution, because I'm at a loss.
    12-19-08 08:58 PM
    Bump. Anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 10:19 PM
    I am experiencing the same issue. Anyone got a clue?
    02-05-09 09:31 AM
    1. Download the OS to your computer.
    2. Install the OS by double clicking on it. Vista users, right click on it and select "Run As Administrator."
    3. Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and delete the vendor.xml file. Do this regardless of whether the device came from your carrier or not. Again, it has no effect on what apps or how the OS is loaded to the device. It only determines "if" the OS is loaded. It doesn't hurt to remove it and I recommend removing it as a matter of habit.
    4. Plug in device and browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and double click on Loader.exe. Follow the on screen instructions.
    5. (For BES users only) Contact your IT department for an Enterprise Activation password and enter your email address and the password in Options >Advanced Options >Enterprise Activation.
    05-21-09 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD