I have not received any emails (including test emails) for at least 2 hours this evening. These are my emails pushed from hotmail. I was one of the people affected last week by the BB server email outage. Is that happening again? Anybody else have their email not working?

I have tried rebooting and have resent my service books, but still no email. The difference from last week is that I was able to log in to my BIS account now, whereas last week that wouldn't work either.

Am I missing something? (BTW - no recent updates, etc. Have been running .99 successfully for several days now.)

Thanks
    Last edited by albertdc; 02-09-09 at 07:19 PM.
    02-09-09 07:17 PM
    Nope.
    Mines been running nonstop all day and yesterday.
    02-09-09 07:19 PM
    Nope.
    Mines been running nonstop all day and yesterday.
    Were you affected last time? I know that it was spotty last time.

The fact that I could log in to my BIS account makes me worried that something else is going on, but I can't figure out what.

The storm is my first BB, so though I've gotten good with installing the leaks, etc, I don't know much as far as troubleshooting this type of problems - I am open to suggestions.
    Thanks
    02-09-09 07:21 PM
    Were you affected last time? I know that it was spotty last time.

The fact that I could log in to my BIS account makes me worried that something else is going on, but I can't figure out what.

The storm is my first BB, so though I've gotten good with installing the leaks, etc, I don't know much as far as troubleshooting this type of problems - I am open to suggestions.
    Thanks
    Yes.
    I couldn't access any of my e-mail accounts.... and at some point, I couldn't even get any text either.
    02-09-09 07:33 PM
    My BIS login is fine and I get my emails. However, there is a several minutes delay; it used to be instant.
    02-09-09 08:18 PM
    My hotmail has been working sporadically. For example at 3PM today I received a bunch of emails from Hotmail that were from 10:30AM. Are you getting emails from other email accounts? My gmail and comcast is working fine. Only hotmail is not.
    02-09-09 08:19 PM
    I posted a poll the other day as I noticed the same thing. No email for hours, then boom, tons at once.

I think the service is a bit screwy from time to time, but not all the time.
    02-09-09 08:23 PM
    mine has been sporatic all day today, hopefully its fixed soon
    02-09-09 08:30 PM
    I'm having the same issue. No emails all morning then a bunch at 12ish and then none til around 4 and none since then. This is the first time this has happen.
    02-09-09 08:38 PM
    I haven't had any of these problems today. That seems strange that some are and some aren't...hmmm.
    02-09-09 08:40 PM
    I have two gmail accounts setup on my blackberry. For some reason, I'm only receiving emails from one of them and not the other. I don't know what the problem is...
    02-09-09 09:01 PM
    Glad to see I'm not alone. I only have the one hotmail account setup. The wierd thing is that I can send emails FROM my storm (via the hotmail account), but it doesn't come TO my storm.

I was considering calling verizon about it tonight, but if I'm not alone maybe I won't waste my time and see how it goes tomorrow.
    02-09-09 09:06 PM
    Just got a batch of emails about 10 minutes ago. I sent myself another test email from my storm - it showed up within my hotmail account on my desktop in under a minute, but still hasn't come back to my storm.
    Oh well, not a big deal for me since I don't actually NEED to check my email on a minute-by-minute basis. Just glad it's not my Storm's fault!
    02-09-09 09:33 PM
    I've had the same thing happening today. I spent an hour and half on the phone with Verizon with absolutely NO resolution except they'd open a trouble ticket which MIGHT be resolved in 4-5 days. We tried a battery pull, service books and uninstalling/reinstalling email without success. Verizon wouldn't call Blackberry to find out if they are having an outage as it costs Verizon money to call BB and the guy said his supervisor would have to approve the charge.

Anyway, I'm able to send out messages, but I'm unable to receive them. I've had no emails come through all day except one. I've had about 20 or so emails come through to my home computer, but they just won't push through to my BB. Like albertdc I don't need to check my email often so I guess I'll just wait until the morning and see if it resolves itself. I've had my BB since early December and this is the first time anything like this has happened.
    02-09-09 09:39 PM
    I have been sending emails all day then around 10 minutes ago i recieved about 50 all at once from people trying to email me... kind of annoying aye.
    02-09-09 10:50 PM
    nope... Mine has been fine
    02-10-09 12:25 AM
    Still no email this morning.............
    02-10-09 07:30 AM
    I've been having the same problems with my email since yesterday evening. I receive emails on my computer but they dont show up on my BB. The problem is only with hotmail. I called Verizon twice, they resent service books and test messages that went through to my device but nothing after the test messages. I hope this gets fixed very soon...
    02-10-09 08:25 AM
    I am having the same problem with hotmail as well.

I received a do not reply message this morning stating that I needed to update my e-mail account because there were e-mails that weren't being pushed to my device. Well I did that, resent my service books and still no e-mail.

This is really getting old.
    02-10-09 09:43 AM
    Intermittent problems here.

I'll get 5 or 6 at once with all the same time stamp.

The wife and her Pearl, she hasnt gotten any in the last day or so.
    02-10-09 09:46 AM
    Yeah I can't receive or send emails
    It has a check mark next to the emails I sent but its not going through???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 04:47 PM
    I don't have any email problem whatsoever for the entire weekend.

02-15-09 05:19 PM
    So I just realized my email just wasn't validated lol

02-15-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD