Received the following email from "[email protected]" last night:
    "This message is used to carry data between the blackberry handheld and associated server. Please do not delete move or respond to this message it will be processed by the server"

Does anyone know what this is for?

Thanks and btw, LUV the site!
    05-02-09 08:32 AM
    Harmless, but annoying message. Means you have set up your Desktop Redirector improperly. If you aren't using the redirector, just uninstall it and you will stop getting these messages.
    05-02-09 08:35 AM
    I got two of those. Strangely it happened after I set up my DM to use the email, then I set it to not redirect emails in DM and I've never got one. Idk what it's for, but I deleted mine and my phone seems ok.
    05-02-09 08:36 AM
    Thanks for the reponses! I think I've disabled redirector so I'll see how that works.

I like my Storm but I've still got a lot to learn about it should work!
    05-02-09 01:13 PM
    Uninstalling DM and reinstalling picking "Internet Email instead of Redirector/Enterprise Email" will fix this partially. You must also delete the service books on your BB that have [Desktop] in the name.
    05-02-09 01:26 PM
    Been reading this thread with interest as I also have those annoying "network@ept1..." messages. Can you explain where to locate the Desktop Redirector to delete or uninstall it and the service books on the BB that have Desktop in the name?

Thanks!
    05-02-09 05:24 PM
    Been reading this thread with interest as I also have those annoying "network@ept1..." messages. Can you explain where to locate the Desktop Redirector to delete or uninstall it and the service books on the BB that have Desktop in the name?

Thanks!
    As for uninstalling the Desktop Manager, go through your add/remove programs on your PC to uninstall. Then reinstall as directed by JRSCivic above.

As for the service books: Options>Advanced>Service Book is where you will find the service books for the redirector.
    05-03-09 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD