when i send an email from my phone or computer from my gmail account, i get an email of exacting what i just sent out in my inbox. how do i stop this from occurring, its kinda annoying. thanks.

and im sorry if this has been talked about, i couldnt find it. please dont be a **** and say already been answered or "bump" ( dont really know what that means, just know that people write that when they dont wanna answer).

if i could get an answer, it would be much appreciated.
    12-27-08 08:09 AM
    I don't know the answer, but do have the same problem. Bump means someone might not know the answer, but just wants to "bump" you back to the top of the list. It's them being helpful!
    12-27-08 08:12 AM
    when i send an email from my phone or computer from my gmail account, i get an email of exacting what i just sent out in my inbox. how do i stop this from occurring, its kinda annoying. thanks.

and im sorry if this has been talked about, i couldnt find it. please dont be a **** and say already been answered or "bump" ( dont really know what that means, just know that people write that when they dont wanna answer).

if i could get an answer, it would be much appreciated.
    You need to login to BIS and set up a filter to remove the duplicate email. Use the following settings..

Filter Name: "Whatever you want to call it"
    Apply filter when: "From" Field
    Contains: Enter your gmail email address here
    Then click "do not forward messages to device"

That should do it!!
    12-27-08 08:19 AM
    haha thanks. i never knew what they meant. guess bump is good.
    12-27-08 08:22 AM
    mind me asking what BIS is?
    12-27-08 08:24 AM
    BIS: BlackBerry internet service. personal account.

BES: BlackBerry Enterprise Server, corporate use...
    12-27-08 08:32 AM
    you don't need to do it thru BIS. go to e-mail setup - hit BB - choose filter - then put your e-mail address in as the filtered item (you can also name the filter) - then hit SAVE. You will be prompted to enter your password (this is your g-mail password) and your done !

Had the same issue ... hated it too !!!
    12-27-08 09:19 AM
    This is the guide you guys need. Set up Gmail how it tells you and it will work perfect http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...ail+sent+items
    12-27-08 09:25 AM
    This is not just a Gmail issue as it seems to happen on all of my accounts. This has been asked before but no one has really explained how the filter needs to be set up. THANKS!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 10:11 AM
    No problem, glad you got it set up...
    12-27-08 10:18 AM
    Isn't this just an Options issue? Go to your email Options and select 'General Options' and then select 'Hide sent messages'.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 10:44 AM
    No - the email comes back to you as if you were copied - not a "sent" message.
    12-27-08 10:53 AM
    You need to login to BIS and set up a filter to remove the duplicate email. Use the following settings..

Filter Name: "Whatever you want to call it"
    Apply filter when: "From" Field
    Contains: Enter your gmail email address here
    Then click "do not forward messages to device"

That should do it!!
    you don't need to do it thru BIS. go to e-mail setup - hit BB - choose filter - then put your e-mail address in as the filtered item (you can also name the filter) - then hit SAVE. You will be prompted to enter your password (this is your g-mail password) and your done !

Had the same issue ... hated it too !!!
    Finally......Thank you and Thank you!!

I almost read the entire thread about how to do this thru your BIS, but I couldn't access my info thru the links that were provided, and it didn't make sense to me as to why I couldn't do it thru my phone since I had the option in my email settings to add filters.......I guess RIM added this nice little feature to the Storm.

If you go into Setup> Email Settings> BB menu button> Create User Name, that will bring you to a screen that tells you that you already have access to your BIS from your device. You can over ride it if you desire, but I don't feel the need to do that. I'd rather be able to manage it from my phone.
    Last edited by Boomhower; 12-27-08 at 05:59 PM.
    12-27-08 12:19 PM
    OK, I am back - the filter thing is not the problem. I received an email this morning on my Exchange Outlook and on the phone. I reviewed both no problems. An hour later, I replied to this message in Outlook and then received ANOTHER copy of the ORIGINAL message on the phone again - NOT my reply, but a copy of the original message. So, I nuked the duplicate. Now I just replied to that same message again on Outlook and that same ORIGINAL message was highlighted as NEW on my Storm again.

Does .85 do this? I might need to upgrade again.
    12-29-08 11:45 AM
    I have the same problem, whenever I reply to an email from my computer I get another copy of the original email. I t is annoying and a little confusing. I only started having this problem after I had to start using Outlook web access. Any suggestions on how to stop this?
    04-17-09 06:15 PM
    Do you have other email addresses being pulled in to your gmail? My problem is I have the filter setup and the emails still get through because I have gmail as my go to for all my email accounts but BB pulls from both servers I end up with 2. The filter does not work for me. It worked for like a month and then all of a sudden multiple emails.
    04-17-09 06:30 PM
    i had this problem. and the best way to get rid of it. is to filter ur email and set the filter for your own email since u dont want to be getting email from yourself.
    04-17-09 06:43 PM
    lol, I think I found the problem. My filter said @gmail.CON, not com. Just changed it, let's see what happens.
    04-17-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD