I have noticed when email is sent to me, it can take up to ten minutes to recieve it on my BB but it may already be in my inbox on my computer. Is there a way to make the Storm check for new email faster?
    11-09-09 01:58 PM
    No. If you're using BIS it can take up to 15 minutes for you to receive your mail. BIS-E polls your mail server every 15 minutes. When it sees mail it pushes it to your Storm. It then polls every 3 minutes. If it sees mail it pushes. If not it reverts to a 15 minute poll.

Some email providers, gmail in particular, have preferred arrangements with RIM to provide instant push. So you should get your gmail the moment it hits the server (give or take a few seconds.) If you have a BES account through work, that mail will be received instantly as well.

If you have an account that you rely on, and need mail immediately, one workaround is to set up a vzw.blackberry.net mail account on the Verizon BIS page (Google "Verizon BIS" and you'll find it). You can then forward from the primary address to the vzw address, which will get you your mail instantly. If you go that route, and want to use it to reply to mail received through the vzw account, but you don't want the recipient to know that it's coming from your vzw account, you can log back into the BIS site, click "Edit" next to your vzw account, and in the "Name" field enter your primary mail address (eg: [email protected]). Now when you reply your mail will appear to come from [email protected]. Unless the recipient looks at the headers.

Anyway, it's a workable option that works well.
    11-09-09 02:11 PM
    I would say reregister your host routing table or resend your service books. Both my Yahoo and GMail accounts get to me instantly and I'm on BIS not BES.
    11-09-09 02:38 PM
    I had the exact same problem and it all started after the BIS update a month or so ago. I ended up deleting my e-mail accounts from the BIS website (mentioned above) and recreating them. My mail starting coming back as it was previously, before my computer. Give that a try, remove the accounts and create them again.
    11-09-09 02:46 PM
    Funny, I have the opposite problem. Emails show up on my phone before they make it to my Outlook. Weird.
    11-09-09 02:52 PM
    Again it depends on the mail provider. RIM has agreements with some to provide true push. If, however, your domain is hosted with, say, NetSol or Rackspace, you may experience a delay. That said, all 4 of my BIS accounts and my 1 BES account all deliver mail to my device usually before it hits my Entourage, so results may vary.
    11-09-09 03:04 PM
    Thank you for all the help. My email is from Optimum Online (cable provider) so I assume there is nothing I can do besides create the VZW email forwarding account. Thanks again!
    11-10-09 06:07 AM
    my hotmail is instant, my work exchange server has a small delay
    11-10-09 06:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD