I need some help please

I've searched and I know its out there but I cannot find the answer im looking for

I have my my home email address setup through the BIS here is the problem
    I recieve the emails without any problems on my Storm, Its when I goto Outlook on my PC and recieve them, they disappear from my Strom, I know there is a setting somewhere so it doesnt do that, but I can't figure it out
    02-11-09 12:00 PM
    you probably have your outlook set to remove emails from the email server after you check them. once you check your email from outlook, it deletes them from the server, keeping them on your outlook. your storm checks the server and doesn't find them anymore and deletes it from the device. let me check my outlook real fast to find you the setting.

edit: I don't have a POP email account on my outlook so it doesn't show up, but check out this link for the settings.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...507931033.aspx
    Last edited by kokuryuha; 02-11-09 at 12:07 PM.
    02-11-09 12:03 PM
    Sounds like your Outlook is setup to "Not leave a copy on the server" which means it pulls the message off the server and stores it on your computer. Well BIS now supports two-way reconciliation with most email services through IMAP. This means when you delete an email from your email server it will also delete from your BB to keep the two synced up. By outlook removing the item from your email server it appears to be "deleted" for BB purposes. Instructions below to change this behavior.

Inside Outlook...

On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.

Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.

Select your ISP account, and then click Change.

Click More Settings.

Click the Advanced tab, and under Delivery, select the Leave a copy of messages on the server check box.
    02-11-09 12:07 PM
    hmm, its in Outlook? I thought it was a setting on the BB or in the BIS
    02-11-09 12:15 PM
    The problem is when you log into outlook, it downloads all the messages OFF your email server. BIS see's the messages are gone from the email server the next time it checks and figures you deleted them so it removes them from your BB inbox. This does work in reverse too if you have your account set up as IMAP and not POP3. With IMAP you dont actually store the messages locally (unless you opt to). With POP3 the messages are already on your computer so outlook will not delete them if you delete them from the email server with your BB.

What I would do is check the box for "Leave a copy on the server" but enable the option to "Delete from server from when I empty the trash". This would keep the copy on your email server and keep it on your BB but delete it from both when you empty the Outlook trash. This does require you to keep up with your inbox and actually use the trashcan though.
    Last edited by roastdawgg; 02-11-09 at 12:21 PM. Reason: more information
    02-11-09 12:20 PM
    no it's an outlook thing. it's removing the messages from your email server, so once your blackberry can't find it there anymore, it deletes the message from the BB as well
    02-11-09 12:20 PM
    ok, ill give that a try thanks guys
    02-11-09 12:53 PM
    anyone eles have any suggestions or resolutions
    Last edited by anoesis; 02-11-09 at 04:37 PM.
    02-11-09 02:02 PM
    Ok I tried it and thats not what I want, there is something im missing, when I orignally did this I never had to change the setting in my Outlook. There is a setting either in the BIS section or on the strom itself. I need help
    02-11-09 04:37 PM
    I have a similar problem, only reversed. When I receive a POP3 email and open it (not delete) on my blackberry pearl it doesn't show up on my computer. Have you had any more luck with your problem? It may possibly help me.
    03-29-09 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD