So somehow I have these 2 icons that popped up on my main screen that have an envelope on them and an email address and now I am receiving tons of spam email addressed to the email addys on these icons.

Any idea how to get rid of them? The phone will not let me delete them.
    03-05-09 01:00 PM
    check your email setup menu and see if the email address is in there, if it is delete it if it's not yours. It sounds like there might be a bis issue on your account if its not one of your email addresses.
    03-05-09 01:02 PM
    My normal email is enterprise so I never used the email setup.

When I go into email reconciliation I see the 2 email in there but do not know how to delete them.
    Last edited by Bimmerman; 03-05-09 at 01:19 PM.
    03-05-09 01:14 PM
    you could try seeing if you can delete the service books for the email address from options > advanced > service books and see if that stops it, but if somehow your BIS account was altered then that isnt going to fix it. even if you're running on BES, you have BIS as well.
    03-05-09 01:35 PM
    you could try seeing if you can delete the service books for the email address from options > advanced > service books and see if that stops it, but if somehow your BIS account was altered then that isnt going to fix it. even if you're running on BES, you have BIS as well.
    Thanks, I think this may have worked. The icons are now gone, I will see if I get any more spam today.
    03-05-09 01:39 PM
    Yea if that email address continues to receive spam, then you may have to call tech support and have them check your BIS account. It's possible somehow someone added the email address to the wrong account. Rare but tech support does screw up too :P
    03-05-09 01:41 PM
    Now if I could just get the .109 to work I would be good.

03-05-09 01:46 PM
    lol what's wrong with .109 for you?
    03-05-09 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD