I have had my storm for a few months now and it used to work properly with receiving emails. If I get an email sent to my main email account it takes a while for it to get there. If an email is sent to my blackberry email address I get it instantly. I have resent service books and reloaded my OS. What else can I do to get it to work instantly (it used to work instantly)?
    05-07-09 12:17 PM
    I have the same problem with hotmail. Takes usually 15 minutes, often up to 45 minutes for an email to come to the phone after it arrives. With my blackberry native account it is nearly instant.

My wife also uses hotmail, and her hotmail goes instantly to her curve 8330. Our phones can be sitting in the same room and mine takes at least 5-15 minutes to get a message that goes to her instantly.

I have also found that if I send a message from my phone to her hotmail it is even faster, I believe the BB server may recognize that she uses a BB and route the email right to her phone without it having to go through hotmail server first.
    05-07-09 12:27 PM
    I really wish I could just use exchange with my BB. I have used it with my old centro and my old q9m. I don't want to pay $10 more a month for BES and $15 more for internet. Is there any third party programs for exchange? I host my own exchanger server for a friend's business but it isn't the same domain as my email address. Is there a way to use my domain email on the same exchange server without changing the MX record and throwing off the rest of the company's emails.
    05-07-09 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD