I've done a few searches here and on RIM's forum site, but haven't found a solution to this yet...

My email notification tone one sounds sometimes. I haven't figured out the common thread for when it works or for when it doesn't. All I know is that the tone doesn't ring every time. The red LED will always blink and it will still vibrate (if in the holster only, which is what I have set it to do). Sometimes it will sound in the holster (which is what I want and have set accordingly), sometimes it won't. Similarly, it will sometimes sound out of the holster and sometimes not. This intermittent behavior has all happene while on the "Normal" profile setting.

Anyone else having this problem? If so, did you find a way to fix it?

I'm starting to wonder if one of my 3rd party apps is causing the issue (perhaps Weather Bug or something else). Who knows?

Thanks for the help.

-SR-
    12-09-08 01:09 PM
    Mine has been doing this since day one so I don't think it is an app issue. I have seen several post about this on this board and other but no mention on a fix yet

I was hoping the new .75 version would address this issue but no luck!
    12-09-08 01:12 PM
    You are not going to find a solution because it is a bug....
    12-09-08 01:16 PM
    I started having the same problem today. Also my phone does random restarts. Today I upgrade Weather bug, before when I was running .97 of weather bug it was fine. I just wiped my phone and put .76 back on which is what I had before the wipe. I am also about to restore all my apps and put .97 of weather bug back on to see if that fixes it.
    12-09-08 01:16 PM
    I've done a few searches here and on RIM's forum site, but haven't found a solution to this yet...

My email notification tone one sounds sometimes. I haven't figured out the common thread for when it works or for when it doesn't. All I know is that the tone doesn't ring every time. The red LED will always blink and it will still vibrate (if in the holster only, which is what I have set it to do). Sometimes it will sound in the holster (which is what I want and have set accordingly), sometimes it won't. Similarly, it will sometimes sound out of the holster and sometimes not. This intermittent behavior has all happene while on the "Normal" profile setting.

Anyone else having this problem? If so, did you find a way to fix it?

I'm starting to wonder if one of my 3rd party apps is causing the issue (perhaps Weather Bug or something else). Who knows?

Thanks for the help.

-SR-
    I was having this same problem when I was using one of the pre loaded notification tones. I started using my own mp3 tone and never had an issue again every time I get a message I hear an audible tone.
    12-09-08 01:19 PM
    I was having this same problem when I was using one of the pre loaded notification tones. I started using my own mp3 tone and never had an issue again every time I get a message I hear an audible tone.
    I don't have any decent mp3 files laying around for notification purposes, but I'll switch it to a different pre-installed tone and see if that helps. The problem with an issue like this is that you can't just make the change and the know if it worked or not. You have to wait a while to see if the problem happens again... even if you send yourself a bunch of e-mails.

-SR-
    12-09-08 01:31 PM
    I don't have any decent mp3 files laying around for notification purposes, but I'll switch it to a different pre-installed tone and see if that helps. The problem with an issue like this is that you can't just make the change and the know if it worked or not. You have to wait a while to see if the problem happens again... even if you send yourself a bunch of e-mails.

-SR-

You may find a couple tones here mp3
    and then give it a try. I can only say I tried this last week and have not had a problem since. I also was having the problem with all message types and no problems since using custom ringtones
    Last edited by jmw102602; 12-09-08 at 01:46 PM.
    12-09-08 01:41 PM
    Since I switch the tone earlier, it has been working flawlessly. Go figure.

-SR-
    12-09-08 02:41 PM
    My notification sounds keep switching back to the one that came with the phone originally. I switch it back to the one I want, it works a while and then goes back. This is a very delicate system apparently.
    12-09-08 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD