I just got a Storm 3 days ago and until today, my email message notification was working fine. My BB played the notification sound, vibrated in holster, and the LED light blinked.

Today, I noticed that my email notification was not working correctly - no sound, no vibration, no LED. Messages are being delivered and noted on screen with the red star and message count. Also, notification is working fine for BB messenger and phone calls.

I've rebooted several times by removing & reinstalling the battery, to no avail.

Anyone else have this issue? I'd appreciate suggestions on how to fix my BB so that email notification works normally.

Thanks in advance.
    07-25-09 11:06 PM
    what is your email notification set to do?
    07-25-09 11:14 PM
    Do you have multiple email accounts on your Berry? If so, check the profile settings for all accounts. It's possible the notifications are set properly for some accounts and not for others.
    07-25-09 11:41 PM
    If you go to Setup, Email Settings, then hit the Blackberry Button, and choose Service Books, then press the Send Service Books button, that will resync your Blackberry with the BIS server, which usually fixes sync problems. Then exit that back to your Home Screen. Next, look for the Sounds icon, open that, scroll down to Set Ring Tones/Alerts. Click on Messages, then for each account, press it, and go through the settings. Make sure you Save after you change each account's settings. Lather rinse repeat til you're done with all your accounts.
    07-25-09 11:53 PM
    Gozirra - thank you very much. Your instructions worked perfectly - all is good again.
    07-26-09 12:11 PM
    I had this happen to me so it was still fresh in my memory - glad it helped you too
    07-26-09 04:34 PM
    I don't mean to rez this tread but I am having a similar problem... well... kind of. Al my notifications work proprly, my 2 Mail accounts, my school email, my BBM, my SMS/MMS. However my work email does not make a sound. It will flash the LED but won't make a sound. Any ideas?

Basically all my BIS accounts have sounds but the one BIS account does not.
    09-17-09 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD