Hello
    I am new to Blackberrys and have what might be a simple answer for some, but not me. I come from the windowas world where when adding email accounts it is straight forward.

Well here is the question, I have added 2 email accounts to my phone. Both are comcast.net (pop3) accounts. They are working and recieving mail fine, The problem is mail also goes into the default messages box. It ends up with mail from both accounts. Is there any way of perventing this from happening? I know I can hide the messages box. Am I doing something wrong with the setup?
    05-17-09 03:12 PM
    No... you have not done anything wrong. That messages folder is meant to collect all of your messages. Some of that can be opted out (you can separate SMS/MMS from that folder, as well as missed calls), but all of your email will go into that folder. If you don't want to see it, you are correct-- you can hide the icon. I have actually found that I like having the messages folder viewable, and I have hidden my separate email account icons.
    05-17-09 03:16 PM
    No... you have not done anything wrong. That messages folder is meant to collect all of your messages. Some of that can be opted out (you can separate SMS/MMS from that folder, as well as missed calls), but all of your email will go into that folder. If you don't want to see it, you are correct-- you can hide the icon. I have actually found that I like having the messages folder viewable, and I have hidden my separate email account icons.
    +1 That's what I did.
    05-17-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD