I cannot set up a gmail email account on my storm as I am in the UK and currently gmail will not give this availability, so I have been able to go into gmail on my computer and forward emails to my service provider, BT.

On my storm I have 2 icons - one is for the vodaphone emails and one is the BT, so shall we say my addresses are [email protected] and [email protected]

When I click on the icon to compose an email I see at the top of the screen "send using default" - if I highlight the default I can see vodaphone and btinternet addresses, so at this stage could well delete one of the email icons and simply use just one as I have the option for using either address BUT (sorry about all this preamble) I am at a loss as to what default is - what address it is - so how can I find on my storm what the storm considers to be my default address? better still, can I remove that default option as I am finding it very confusing as an option
    01-06-09 04:10 AM
    Hi,

If you go to Options\Advanced Options\Default Services you can choose the default Calendar and e-mail address.

Austin
    01-06-09 04:23 AM
    Hello apmcconv!
    Your first post and you chose to answer moi? I feel very humble! Your answer did the trick, thank you
    01-06-09 05:15 AM
    Ah I spoke too soon - if I go into advanced and options and change the address when I click on create email and leave the setting as "sent from default address" I have no option to send - I have to click on the default button and choose either address that I have set up and this gives me the facility to send from either. The default address does not allow sending of emails - its doing nothing at all - apart from the options to save a message but not send one.

I changed the settings as you suggested. I switched off the storm. I removed the battery. I connected it all back again and default is still nothing (but on checking my settings I see it should be a certain address) so, how do I remove that default option so that at least when I try and create an email I have a choice of either of my 2 addresses? Default is a 3rd choice that - no matter how I set it to be an existing address - does not give me the ability to even see, let alone opt to click on send.
    01-06-09 05:28 AM
    Hi,

I'm not sure what's happening there. I have just tried creating a new e-mail and as soon as I select a recipient the "default" changes to the actual default e-mail address (if that makes sense). What happens when you select a contact? Does the "default" change to one of your e-mail addresses?
    I'm not sure whether the default can be removed from the button or not. I am new to the Blackkberry and still learning.

Austin
    01-06-09 05:39 AM
    Witsend,

Try resending your service books to see if that helps the changes take effect.

Ps. Next time you remove your battery do it with the device powered on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 06:37 AM
    try resending my service books??? eh? I really don't have a clue what this means. Please understand I have only owned this Storm for a few days and am still storm illiterate. Mind you, if you mean my car service books then I can find them (but somehow I don't think that will help)
    01-06-09 10:18 AM
    My apologies.

Did you set up your email from your carrier\networks's BIS webpage on your computer? If so, log in there and you will see a sevice book option on the top left handside, select and follow prompts.

If you set up your email from the set up wizard on the device then go to your settings icon, open it, in there will be an email settings icon. Use that, it takes you to the same page as on your pc. If you have not ised it before then whilst there create a username and password which you will be able to use for both. The site on the pc and on the device.

Your carrier \ network can also resend service books if needs be but a spot of DIY is best

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 10:36 AM
    I think I'll have to leave this problem. Some email addresses (I have 4) I set up on the XP and some on the Storm. I go into options etc, on the storm but see nothing that says email or anything that will take me to my email settings.

I think the problem is Vodaphone based and I can't access the page on my XP to edit my email details either. I phoned them 2 days ago and explained my problem and they reset my password. I now have a new password and still cannot find the link to access to amend email settings....thank you for your help but I think I'll have to live with automatically seeing "sent from default" and having to open that and then choose my email address that I want to use.
    01-06-09 11:48 AM
    I was wondering about setting the defaults as well.

Thanks for the post!
    01-06-09 02:14 PM
    Update!

I am a village *****. I've just worked out how to set up vodaphone BIS on the storm, having done so I could then access the BIS on my computer and go into those email settings. I had set up email addresses on the storm but not on the BIS (I really am a goof) ok, so now I have removed the "sent by blackberry" signature and replaced it with my name. I still cannot see how to remove default though and I am going to have problems with that default.

My mailbox now shows my three email addresses with default at the bottom. It is easy for me to click the address I wish to use but I have a feeling replying to an email I will send it using the default address and I have no idea which one it is or if default actually works. Can anyone advise me please?
    01-08-09 11:52 AM
    First go into the Options\Advanced Options\Default Services and set which e-mail account you want as your default.

Create a new e-mail, next if who you are sending the e-mail to is in your contacts once you select them it should update the "Send using:" to that e-mail address you set.

If you are manually typing in an e-mail address hit what would be the enter key on the blackberry once you have typed the e-mail address in and it will update the "Send Using:" from "Default" to the email address you specified.
    03-06-09 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD