my data service just started working today around 5 pm
    Were are you located? And data services are working for you email...Edge as of 5pm today? Did you do anything to force it or it just came back on? Could you list your phone...os ver. And data settings please?
    06-14-10 12:14 AM
    Were are you located? And data services are working for you email...Edge as of 5pm today? Did you do anything to force it or it just came back on? Could you list your phone...os ver. And data settings please?
    Put everything down...

Type of phone, OS Version, APN Settings, Service Provider, What works on your phone, what doesnt
    06-14-10 12:17 AM
    still lower case edge here for me. I might be switching to verizon if I can get them to verify that the ESN on my phone is clean. I can go to them NO CONTRACT since I own my phone, and either way i'm going to be paying a $100 phone bill, whether i have verizons unlimited data plan or buy a new phone from tmobile... I might just leave t mobile to spite them and show them that you can't d*ck around a long time customer and tell us all a bunch of lies
    06-14-10 12:45 AM
    guys, i really dont think its a tmo issue...

like i said in another thread, me and a few more users having the unlocked verizon storm2 are facing the same issue as well... we're on the vodafone network in india, and have the same problem.... no data services, 'edge' in lowercase....

plus, earlier in the thread, some1 else who's not on tmob or in the US also said they're facing the same issue...

so imo its more to do with unlocked verizon storm2's than tmo specific...

and for those who say their unlocked storm2's are working just fine, good for u guys, but clearly there's a lot more users here having problems...

will keep u guys updated if services return.
    06-14-10 12:54 AM
    Please humor me here, since I don't know if this makes a hill of beans or not, but I have my APN set to wap.voicestream.com, not epc.tmobile.com, and my Storm2 is still working on Tmo.

I don't want to change my APN settings in case I get stuck in the blizt that the rest of you are facing. But I was wondering if someone who is not able to get their phone working would try setting the APN to voicestream and tell me if it changes anything.

Thanks.
    06-14-10 01:08 AM
    Please humor me here, since I don't know if this makes a hill of beans or not, but I have my APN set to wap.voicestream.com, not epc.tmobile.com, and my Storm2 is still working on Tmo.

I don't want to change my APN settings in case I get stuck in the blizt that the rest of you are facing. But I was wondering if someone who is not able to get their phone working would try setting the APN to voicestream and tell me if it changes anything.

Thanks.
    I'm pretty sure I'm answering for all of us in this forum when I say...We have all tried that and no it does nothing for us...my APN has been wap.voicetream.com since before my storm even stopped working...also changed it to epc.tmobile.com for a while but i switched it back.
    Last edited by imashaya2001; 06-14-10 at 01:31 AM.
    06-14-10 01:24 AM
    The common thing all of you guys have is the fact that you guys use the T-Mobile side all the time and I do not yet my T-Mobile side still works. Just my 2 cents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 01:39 AM
    I really don't think that a hybrid is going to fix this problem. It isn't an OS problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hybrids have been known to fix issues Official and Leaks have....I'm not an OS person, I develop themes lol
    06-14-10 03:15 AM

like i said in another thread, me and a few more users having the unlocked verizon storm2 are facing the same issue as well... we're on the vodafone network in india, and have the same problem.... no data services, 'edge' in lowercase....

plus, earlier in the thread, some1 else who's not on tmob or in the US also said they're facing the same issue...

and for those who say their unlocked storm2's are working just fine, good for u guys, but clearly there's a lot more users here having problems...

Well i have a unlocked 9630 verizon tour with the exact same issue as spoken about here. I am on vodacom, south africa
    06-14-10 03:16 AM
    08:08 Hrs: Cleveland, OH: 9550: Tmo: Still "edge"
    06-14-10 07:09 AM

This is an interesting post. I am on a corporate connection. However, for folks who have the phone on their name, can we check if Tmo is responsible for providing me service on an unsupported phone? if not, then it better be RIM fixing this.

Going back to discussions between Crackfinder and Branta and JRSCCivic98, point is: We need a statement! I dont care for now whose fault it is... but my 8900 is working fine and my storm is not.... atleast tell me why??
    06-14-10 07:16 AM
    Well I'm back to lowercase edge agin, only lasted a day.
    06-14-10 08:55 AM
    Hybrids have been known to fix issues Official and Leaks have....I'm not an OS person, I develop themes lol
    I agree. Hybrids do fix a lot of issues, however this is not an OS issue.
    06-14-10 09:22 AM
    This is starting to sound like that unlocked devices will work abroad if you leave the country where it was purchased or unlocked....hence the reason for unlocking it in the first place. However, if you try to use the unlocked device in the country where it was purchased and or unlocked, then you are screwed? I can kind of see a pattern emerging here.
    06-14-10 09:24 AM
    I'm pretty sure I'm answering for all of us in this forum when I say...We have all tried that and no it does nothing for us...my APN has been wap.voicetream.com since before my storm even stopped working...also changed it to epc.tmobile.com for a while but i switched it back.
    Agreed, APN doesn't matter much here. Neither one works. Both epc.tmobile.com or wap.voicestream.com do not make any difference.
    06-14-10 09:33 AM
    And also, it's not limited to the Storm or Storm2. No dice on my 9650 either.
    06-14-10 09:38 AM
    I had this same issue a while back, couldn't get any data at all or browse the net even if connected to wifi.

I called t-mobile about 8-9 times before managing to get it escalated to a tech support (3rd line) team and the guy took about 5 mins fixing it saying that it should be a basic fix and that the data portion of my service books had been switched off by their systems and its a common occurance...
    06-14-10 09:44 AM
    Well I'm back to lowercase edge agin, only lasted a day.
    Same here. I am still on 'edge' as of 9:45 CST. located in the US Gulf Coast.

I noticed that if you go into options >> advanced options >> service book... all of the values (such as '5 Click BISClientConfig) are pointed at 'Gateway IP: //ipaddress.emgsm.vzw3g.com|GPAK'

Upon deleting the service books and reloading the T-Mobile service books - I get 'EDGE' for a short time. After falling back to 'edge', the service books are reset with the vzw3g.com (Verizon) info.

Can anyone confirm? Anyone have this issue with a hybrid OS? Just curious.
    06-14-10 09:47 AM
    I had this same issue a while back, couldn't get any data at all or browse the net even if connected to wifi.

I called t-mobile about 8-9 times before managing to get it escalated to a tech support (3rd line) team and the guy took about 5 mins fixing it saying that it should be a basic fix and that the data portion of my service books had been switched off by their systems and its a common occurance...
    I wish it was as simple as that..........
    06-14-10 09:49 AM
    Same here. I am still on 'edge' as of 9:45 CST. located in the US Gulf Coast.

I noticed that if you go into options >> advanced options >> service book... all of the values (such as '5 Click BISClientConfig) are pointed at 'Gateway IP: //ipaddress.emgsm.vzw3g.com|GPAK'

Upon deleting the service books and reloading the T-Mobile service books - I get 'EDGE' for a short time. After falling back to 'edge', the service books are reset with the vzw3g.com (Verizon) info.

Can anyone confirm? Anyone have this issue with a hybrid OS? Just curious.
    It is not the OS.
    06-14-10 09:50 AM
    [QUOTE=crackfinder;5236640]hence the reason for unlocking it in the first placeQUOTE]

The purposes for unlocking are many, as AT&T recently found out and settled their lawsuit by agreeing to unlock any phone (other than the iPhone) for any reason, Including choice of carrier.

It's obvious that RIM is actively blocking these phones hence the Verizon servicebooks being pushed to a T-Mobile serviced device, they'll find themselves in a lot of hot water if it's not rectified considering current US law allows the unlocking of devices by exemption to the DMCA.

Of course, Verizon could have looked at the settlement and said that if AT&T aren't required to unlock a phone that has more then a 10 month exclusive that they aren't required to either, so approached RIM to block unlocked phones. The issue there is that Verizion, unlike AT&T, have set a precedent already by providing unlock codes for these devices whereas AT&T have never unlocked an iPhone. I think we'll see this go to court before it gets rectified by T-Mobile.
    Last edited by xandermac; 06-14-10 at 10:13 AM.
    06-14-10 10:05 AM
    T-Mobile connected me 2 a the Blackberry Dept for answers and they told me that there was nothing that they could do. It was Verizon who changed their service books, and considering that its still a verizon phone, I had to contact verizon and get the software from them in order to get the email working again. She actually left the message on my voice mail box.
    06-14-10 10:15 AM
    [QUOTE=xandermac;5236762]
    hence the reason for unlocking it in the first placeQUOTE]

The purposes for unlocking are many, as AT&T recently found out and settled their lawsuit by agreeing to unlock any phone (other than the iPhone) for any reason, Including choice of carrier.

It's obvious that RIM is actively blocking these phones hence the Verizon servicebooks being pushed to a T-Mobile serviced device, they'll find themselves in a lot of hot water if it's not rectified considering current US law allows the unlocking of devices by exemption to the DMCA.

Of course, Verizon could have looked at the settlement and said that if AT&T aren't required to unlock a phone that has more then a 10 month exclusive that they aren't required to either, so approached RIM to block unlocked phones. The issue there is that Verizion, unlike AT&T, have set a precedent already by providing unlock codes for these devices whereas AT&T have never unlocked an iPhone. I think we'll see this go to court before it gets rectified by T-Mobile.
    If RIM is the one doing the blocking and the FCC gets involved, then yes RIM could be in some trouble here.
    06-14-10 10:15 AM
    T-Mobile connected me 2 a the Blackberry Dept for answers and they told me that there was nothing that they could do. It was Verizon who changed their service books, and considering that its still a verizon phone, I had to contact verizon and get the software from them in order to get the email working again. She actually left the message on my voice mail box.
    Then why is it when you manually add T-Mobile service books that the device still has no connectivity to T-Mobile's network?
    06-14-10 10:19 AM
    [QUOTE=crackfinder;5236783]

If RIM is the one doing the blocking and the FCC gets involved, then yes RIM could be in some trouble here.
    I've already filed my complaint with the fcc bc regardless of rim's position the at$t settlement may have given them an exception on unlocking phones with a long exclusivity agreement but it certainly didn't give them permission to actively block them on other networks if they're unlocked by other means. RIM are on thin ice here as are verizon.

RIM cares about one thing, their relationship with Verizon, they could give a **** about us as customers, try getting support from them on any issue if you don't believe that.
    Last edited by xandermac; 06-14-10 at 11:19 AM.
    06-14-10 10:22 AM
1,089 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD