Hi Guys

I got the storm 9500 today, and updated the OS to the latest one available. All was working fine, I set up both my private email accounts and they were sending and receiving emails until one stopped receiving emails altogether. I have resent the registration books and the inbox receives this, but no emails, i even deleted the account and set it back up again on the storm, but still no emails, the other one is sending and recieving them fine, the LED is green meaning i am in a wireless zone so i have no idea what the **** is going on

Anyone able to help here?
    03-17-09 06:28 PM
    come on guys 23 views and NO ONE knows what could be wrong??
    03-17-09 08:55 PM
    What kind of an account is the one that isnt receiving any emails?

POP3? IMAP? OWA?
    03-17-09 09:00 PM
    its a msn.com email account

so i guess the incoming server would be a pop3
    03-17-09 09:08 PM
    Yeah well that would make it either a POP3 or IMAP.

Are you setting it up straight from you BB or using BIS?
    03-17-09 09:10 PM
    Well it sounds like you tried everything I would suggest.
    03-17-09 09:11 PM
    not sure what BIS is

I set it up from my Storm through the setup wizard, it was working at first, then its just stopped altogether, i reset the service books and i get the notification in the account there, but no emails arrive

i have another account set up a live.co.uk account and that works perfectly.....
    03-17-09 09:12 PM
    This might sound really obvious...but did you try a battery pull AFTER resending the service books and re-setting up the account?????
    03-17-09 09:14 PM
    I didnt no.....

I assume you mean take the battery out and put it back in?
    03-17-09 09:15 PM
    Yes. Take it out, and put it back in so that the phone has a chance to reboot.

This should be done after doing something like that to your phone. When deleting or adding apps and themes, adding email accounts or resending your service books, actions such as these should always be followed by a battery pull to reset the system.

There are apps that do this as well so you don't have to take everything apart each time. You can try using QuickPull later if you like.

Try doing the battery pull and let me know if it works....
    03-17-09 09:22 PM
    i tried the diagnostics check in PK's tips thread, i got yes to connected to blackberry, i got an email to one of the accounts, but not the one that wont receive

I resent the books and done the battery pull, i have the account server message in both accounts now, which is normal, but when i try to send an email to the account in question it still doesnt come up on the storm???
    03-17-09 09:29 PM
    Okay well, even after the Bat Pull it doesnt send or receive huh?

This probably sucks, but I would try to downgrade the OS and give it a shot. See if that works. If it does, then it is some glitch with the updated OS. Even though its an official release, there will still be some hiccups.

You can also check to be sure you only have one set of service books for the account. I have heard that its possible to have more than one set for a single account and that can screw with the system. You should have one CICAL and one CMIME per account. If theres more than one, delete them.
    03-17-09 09:40 PM
    Another very obvious thing to check would be that you are actually receiving the emails in that account by checking it on your computer....I know this sounds dumb, but a friend of mine kept trying to test their email on their phone and they werent getting any of the tests sent. When they went to check online it was because all the tests were bing thrown in the SPAM folder....
    03-17-09 09:43 PM
    nah they are definitely coming into the inbox on the computer, like I get the notifications that there is a reply to this thread, comes into the inbox on here, but nothing on the storm
    03-17-09 09:45 PM
    Alright then, here is what you do!

- delete BOTH email accounts from your Storm

- Downgrade your OS back to the last one you were running before the upgrade.

- BATTERY PULL

- Reload both email accounts to your phone

- BATTERY PULL

- test....

its a hassle, but by process of elimination, if this works, you know it was the OS you are running.
    03-17-09 09:48 PM
    Wait...you arent receiving any emails, but can you send them from that account on your Storm??????
    03-17-09 09:49 PM
    well im running the latest one that is available, i think its 113?

the one before that is a very old one i only got the storm today so it was running something like 73
    03-17-09 09:50 PM
    yeah i can send them from that account on the storm, and the other account picks them up no bother, it just wont receive any incoming mails at all
    03-17-09 09:51 PM
    Well, even though its an older OS, I would give that a shot. Seriously, that tells you that the .113 OS, although official, can still have bugs.
    03-17-09 09:54 PM
    well as I got the email that you had replied on here, I just got it on the storm! seems to be picking and choosing what emails to friggin send me
    03-17-09 09:58 PM
    Odd...

Well I would try th os downgrade and see if it is consistent with th emails a least...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 10:28 PM
    When you email goes to your computer, are you using the internet to connect to the MSN server or are you pushing to the computer through another email tool and deleting the email from the MSN server when pushed? If the latter is the case, make sure that a copy of the email remains on the MSN server so it is still there to be sent to the Blackberry.
    03-17-09 11:04 PM
    im using the internet to connect to the msn server, im logging in through msn messenger to get to the emails.

it was not accepting mails at all before, now some are arriving, but very late, around 30 mins after they were sent and again, not all are arriving
    03-17-09 11:06 PM
    Have you tried the OS downgrade yet to see if that solves the problem?
    03-18-09 02:40 PM
    I didnt mate

woke up this morning and had about 12 emails in the account in question, it seems that they all come on the storm later than they do in the actual account.

plus to add to my problems, the desktop manager wont recognise the storm through the usb connection today

oh the joys of buying this phone
    03-18-09 02:43 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD