O.K heres the deal:

My wife was complaining that she did not like her storm... various reasons (she loved here pearl). I was unable to download her mailbox list from the pearl to the storm. Eventually I was able to by using the Blackberry Desktop manger and then using the device switch wizard to download the data from the pearl to the storm...susprise she likes the storm now.

The problem is I had allready set up my own storm with my own email account and it was working fine. The only thing wrong was that I did not have my contacts list in the phone...couldn't figure out how to do it...I had an older non-smartphone. Then I pulled out the SIM from my old phone put it in HER old Pearl and repeated the device switch wizard procedure that I had used with my wifes phone...bingo bango I've got my contacts list and hers... I guess thats cool?

Problem...On MY storms homescreen it replaced my gmail address with HER aol address. I DO NOT get her emails though. I DO continue to get MY emails but they show up in the messages folder, not an email folder and I can't reply to those emails, just view them.

What I need... To remove my wifes email address icons, get mine back...so I can email in glory once again.

Ohhh and my wife personalized her PEARL with her name ( I found out she hyphenated it on her PEARL, its not on our marriage certificate...another issue ) and her name appears now on MY storm...I'd like to get that off and mine on.

Thanks alot if any of you folks can help...I've been a lurker here for a while...now a happy member.

-Al
    12-15-08 07:37 AM
    To change the name Options> Owner

as for the Email
    12-15-08 02:03 PM
    Both of you need to resend your service books and/or register under the host routing table.
    12-15-08 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD