Ok I've searched but can't find anything specific, so here goes....

If you use suretype in the browser for a web address but it gets it wrong, how do you get a list of alternatives? e.g. use suretye to enter www.alter and it will put www.blues is there a way to get a list of suretype alternatives? Also, if you click of the word and it is no longer highlighted, how do you highlight it again?

Thanks

Nick
    01-15-09 05:33 AM
    Bottom line is that it's silly to use suretype for website addresses. URL's are rarely simple, single words so suretype is definitely not a good choice here.
    01-15-09 05:39 AM
    I know, but I'm always starting of with Suretype by accident and if its an address like ford you would imagine Suretype could handle it! So is there no way to cycle through alternatives?
    01-15-09 06:57 AM
    this is the ONE thing that really pi##es me off about the storm, can anyone else help? or at least tel me how to set up the storm so sure type doesn't come up? i would rather use multi-tap for everything but when i set the keyboard to multi-tap in the screen/keyboard options that only changes the keyboard for sms messages not the browser ect. can anyone enlighten me ?
    01-15-09 07:18 AM
    Couldn't agree more about suretype and web addresses - 'let me spell for you' - N O.

But there is a solution of sorts, albeit a slow one. As you type, see which letter comes up, if it's the wrong one, backspace and tap the key again, and the other letter on the key is entered. It does work, but a real pain when you're trying to keep moving on anything.
    01-15-09 09:46 AM
    "...He's the kinda guy that goes to start a Maserati and puts his key in the wrong little hole..." Do good. Avoid bad. When dealing with websites, use landscape.

Doctor Neutron
    01-15-09 12:01 PM
    this is the ONE thing that really pi##es me off about the storm, can anyone else help? or at least tel me how to set up the storm so sure type doesn't come up? i would rather use multi-tap for everything but when i set the keyboard to multi-tap in the screen/keyboard options that only changes the keyboard for sms messages not the browser ect. can anyone enlighten me ?
    When you're in portrait mode and the keyboard is up. Click the BB button and click "Enable Multitap". That should do it for you! I havent used suretype in awhile...wretched mechanism.
    01-15-09 12:03 PM
    When you're in portrait mode and the keyboard is up. Click the BB button and click "Enable Multitap". That should do it for you! I havent used suretype in awhile...wretched mechanism.
    IMO, it should do this automatically. VZN does this automatically and it works great for portrait mode
    01-15-09 12:46 PM
    I don't have these problems with SureType and web addresses. I first enter one part of the address if it is a composite and then the other parts

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 12:49 PM
    I rarely use suretype. Its almost impossibl to type out short-hand words

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 01:45 PM
    i was using suretype earlier today but then it suddenly went to multitap. if anybody knows how to get suretype back on, i would like that. thanks.
    03-01-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD