Ok correct me if i'm wrong but i have come to the conclusion that you can not edit the Pre installed sound profiles. It may look like you can but when you do the settings dont actually work like you have them set. For instance, i was tryingto make it that on the LOUD preset profile that when i got an email all it did was vibrate with no ringtone. So this is what i did

1. Set my phone to the LOUD profile
    2. Click the sounds icon and go down to SET RINGTONES/ALERTS
    3. Select messages > my email address
    4 Used the following settings

Ring Tone: Notifier_Ninja (BB needs to have a NONE option here)

Volume: Silent

LED: ON

Vibration: ON

Notify during calls: NO

5. Then i save the settings

Now with these settings on the LOUD profile you would think when i received an email all the phone should do is vibrate. But it doesn't. I still get the vibrate first then the ringtone.

So, i made my own custom profile. And used the exact same settings as above. And it works like it should, vibrates and LED goes off.

So is it safe to say you cant edit the preinstalled sound profiles or i'm i missing something
    12-04-08 12:53 PM
    You just answered your own questions, JT. You cannot edit the pre-installed profiles. When you change something in the "Set Ring Tones/Alerts" option, it only changes the "Normal" profile. Like you said, you can always make your own profile.
    12-04-08 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD