Hi,

Just got a used Storm and unlocked it. I've read all the workarounds for resolving the issue but none of them seem to stick. Has anyone found a definite solution to prevent this from happening?

My current solution is to go to mobile options, turn off all connections. I wait until the word off appears and then restore all connections. This seems to do the trick for a few hours, but then it somehow always goes back to edge. I am using v4.7.0.148.

I have mobile options set to Automatic > GSM/UMTS > 2G

I have APN disabled.

Thanks.
    06-25-09 09:35 PM
    Enable apn and use blackberry.net as the first setting and leave it b for a like 10min it'll flux back and forth but it will stick after a bit

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 09:41 PM
    Come again?

use blackberry.net as the APN. I didn't get the second part. Leave it be? Meaning be patient and eventually it'll stick to EDGE?
    06-25-09 09:42 PM
    yes exactly

06-25-09 09:44 PM
    Sweet, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Here's another noob question. How do I change the wallpaper? Since i'm on AT&T, it doesn't make sense to see the Verizon logo.
    06-25-09 09:46 PM
    Hit the bb button when on the home screen so the little pop up menu opens and hit options and scroll down a lil you'll see it

06-25-09 09:52 PM
    Sweet. Didn't know you can set the number of rows for the home screen.
    06-25-09 09:53 PM
    Did u dl any themes yet? Their are some really cool ones on here or google them most u download and install OTA (over the air) from your phone browser. And I recommend lry hybrid os using .151/.148/5.0 files, storm runs great with it

06-25-09 10:00 PM
    Do you know the OTA URL?
    06-25-09 10:03 PM
    Seems a little advanced for me to do right now.
    06-25-09 10:05 PM
    Lol not hard just go to wap.crackberry.com then enter the forums and scroll down to blackberry themes then click storm themes then look around you'll see the some with OTA's the best resource is at your fingertips with crackberry

06-25-09 10:17 PM
    I think the reason you're having these issues is because of the radio code used with .148. I've found the .90 radio code to work very well. If you want to, take a look at Swap-A-Radio so you can use the .90 radio code with the .148 OS. It used to drive me crazy before I did it. My Storm wasn't as "stable" as yours. It would constantly switch between and never maintain EDGE. When it did have EDGE and I tried to use data it would switch to edge. Good luck!

06-25-09 10:23 PM
    Setting the apn to blackberry.net seems to be doing the trick for now. We shall see.

06-25-09 10:27 PM
    Good hopefully it'll work oh and the youtube app will work now aswell

06-25-09 10:32 PM
    Yeah this trick works but now I can't play pandora
    06-25-09 10:54 PM
    Savio how do u change the radio code
    06-25-09 11:01 PM
    Pandora works for me its slacker I have issues witg

06-25-09 11:19 PM
    Well I can go online but youtube and pandora just won't download the edge goes from capitals to lowers getting me frustrated
    06-26-09 12:32 AM
    My font size for emails are huge from friends but are normal from citibank, ing, and crackberry email notifications

How do I change that?

06-26-09 05:34 AM
    Idk man sorry try options then screen/keyboard and change the settings

06-26-09 07:16 AM
    Are there any other APN configuration settings I can try besides blackberry.net?

Does wap.cingular or isp.cingular work well?

What is this Sith's Hybrid about? Is that the best solution? Can you point me to where the latest instructions are?

Thanks.
    06-26-09 02:07 PM
    this phone sucks. I installed the hybrid with original os 148 and radio .90 and still the edge to EDGE.

I have done the 2G setting and no APN.

Anyopne have any ideas.
    06-26-09 03:04 PM
    How long did you have the hybrid for? Someone just told me it may switch back and forth for a couple days but it'll eventually fix itself.

I am on 2G with blackberry.net as the apn and it works for the most part. But i'm going to give the hybrid a shot.
    06-26-09 03:06 PM
    is the hybrid a better fix then just switching the radio? what radio and os are you using?
    06-26-09 03:10 PM
    I'm using .90 and Os 148.

Funny thing is that it installed successfully. I went to check the APn and I left it as verizons apn and. Its working nicely. I'm on att.

06-26-09 04:48 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD