Hey i have a storm on tmobile thats running perfectly fine but my friend got one today and i told him id help him unlock it. but anyway before everyone goes off on me id like to say that ive already gone through the searching options and didnt find any answers. we called ATT and switched to the blackberry data plan and it went from edge/EDGE just like that but no browser or email set up options...other apps like facebook work with internet goin but ok..i tried the crackutil program and my phone is plugged in and it say "password incorrect (the phone has no password) or phone not connected please restart the program" so ive been over that method. i tried the 2nd method from goin to the common files on my computer and that also didnt work im close to giving up but i thought id listen to any other ideas you guys can offer
    05-04-09 02:58 PM
    Did you run the crackutil as the administrator?
    05-04-09 03:44 PM
    yes i have done that also
    05-04-09 04:01 PM
    i think you have to register the phone. Coz it happened to me before, I forgot to register it (under Options>Advanced Settings>Host ROuting (bold one) hit register
    05-05-09 02:23 PM
    wat do u do after that?
    05-14-09 12:11 AM
    You should receive a message saying like blackberry registration received. If the browser doesn't show up, I thnk the other way you can do is re install your provider's service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 06:44 AM
    Go through these steps:
    1) Battery pull.

2) Options> Mobile Network> BB key>Diagnotics Test>BB key>Run.
    This will register your Host Routing Table and resend your service books.

If that still does not work, try logging into your carrier's BIS site and send the service books to your device from there.
    05-14-09 06:49 AM
    I followed the instructions above for option 2, but it seems like the diagnostics is "hung up" on radio activation....how long should the diagnostic take to run ??
    05-15-09 10:16 AM
    I followed the instructions above for option 2, but it seems like the diagnostics is "hung up" on radio activation....how long should the diagnostic take to run ??

did you ever figure it out? I have the same poblem..........
    05-27-09 04:52 PM
    It could be the O/S version on the phone. I can only get mine to send/receive data at all using the .90 radio sfi. Anything else just sits there dumb and happy with no activity arrows in the corner. - Even .90 isn't perfect for GSM or at least on AT&T, I have a 50-50 shot of it working on boot up. Once it works though, it works great and the data just flows. Google e-Mail, Opera Mini, WAP browser, Google Maps, Poynt, Slacker Radio, well you get the idea. - I currently just have Media-Net and no BIS and show 'edge' of course, but the same issues seem to apply to the BIS/BES accounts. Verizon's radio file seems to have that startup issue with AT&T on some phones. (Phone and messaging always work, even MMS, its only the data itself that will sometimes bomb on boot up). My guess neither Verizon nor Blackberry are too worried about the GSM radio code on the 9530, since it is sold in the US as a CDMA handset. - Now that the kinks are out of the O/S, maybe BB will tweak the radio code for the GSM use.

Shame us GSM/AT&T Stormers can't simply rip the 9500's radio code and use that.....who cares if the CDMA isn't there, we just need reliable GSM data.
    06-10-09 11:33 AM
    I am kinda having this same problem. I can't use the internet cause the TCP is still VZW's. How to I change it to T-Mobiles?
    06-10-09 02:05 PM
    it sounds like you need to replace the service book, try updating the service book and if you are on BES check your browser settings. Many times it will default to the internal browser so you will need to change that back to "internet browser".

When you unlock your storm and want to use it on AT&T or T-Mobile, you need to manually replace the service book so make sure you have done this.

I searched for the topic but couldnt find it? I will post a link if I can find it.

Ok, here is the one for AT&T:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/

and here is the one for T-Mobile:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/
    Last edited by lvumlow; 06-10-09 at 03:53 PM.
    06-10-09 02:44 PM
    See I did everything for the one for T-Mobile and I'm still having this issue.
    06-10-09 04:33 PM
    this is always a service book issue...

no browser = no service book for it..
    06-10-09 04:58 PM
    this is always a service book issue...

no browser = no service book for it..
    Not entirely true I don't get a att browser SB when I push them from att bis site just my personal E-mail

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 08:28 PM
    I am in the same boat your in.

Can someone tell us where to get a AT&T Browser Service Book. (Besides AT&T)
    06-10-09 08:56 PM
    me too, i have one browser working and i followed everything on the tutorial that pltaylor listed and i tried to set up my email and it goes to lower case edge and the TCP still says emgsm.vzw3g.com...... help please
    06-21-09 04:00 PM
    .i tried the crackutil program and my phone is plugged in and it say "password incorrect (the phone has no password) or phone not connected please restart the program" so ive been over that method.
    Ok, I had the same problem running vista yesterday....but I found that turning on blackberry desktop first with your phone connected helps recognize the phone on your computer...then crackutil will work....I hope this helps!
    06-21-09 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD