Hey everyone, I found a way to fix the looseness of the storm screen. You know how it shakes and such instead of staying in one place. Anyways what I did was took a roll of black electrical tape, cut one piece as tall as the screen and one as wide and fold each piece in half so that each one is stuck to itself, now cut off from the side that the fold is not on until you have a long and fairly skinny piece of folded over tape. Now, simply slide the two pieces in one on the top and one on either side of the storm starting with the non folded end so the crease from folding the electric tape is sticking out. Now just use tweezers or a push pun to slide the strands into the crevasses until the black tape is no longer showing. Its important that you cut the tape thin enough that you don't have to force it in, just make it big enough so that it disappears into the crack and doesn't stick out. And there you go, the screen still clicks, but no more annoying sliding!
    09-12-09 07:20 PM
    all the storms do this and it needs to move freely in order to click properly.
    09-12-09 09:15 PM
    Seems like a kind of temporary fix. You should check out the method used here http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...essions-313570

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 10:39 PM
    Some movement is needed, but excessive movement is not needed or wanted.

all the storms do this and it needs to move freely in order to click properly.
    09-12-09 11:07 PM
    Some movement is needed, but excessive movement is not needed or wanted.
    exactly it still moves enough to let it click, but not enough that the screen slides anymore when I scroll and such.
    09-13-09 12:38 AM
    Maybe mine isn't bad but is the screen movement really that excessive? I hardly notice my screen move.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 04:21 AM
    Hey guys! I tried what jetswin018 recommended.
    Simply using Black Duck tape...worked fine! my screen ain't wobbling no more and doesn't even show at all that i inserted tape..Thx jetswin018. cheap solution that make a difference! lol. Do more with less.
    09-14-09 08:39 AM
    The sad part if that we have to modify our Storms to get them to work right.
    09-14-09 08:41 AM
    IMO, if your screen moves so much that you need to fix it yourself you should just go back to your wireless provider and have them replace it.

I hate to say it but it would seem that RIM had a lot of "opportunity" with the Storm 1.
    09-14-09 08:45 AM
    IMO, if your screen moves so much that you need to fix it yourself you should just go back to your wireless provider and have them replace it.

I hate to say it but it would seem that RIM had a lot of "opportunity" with the Storm 1.
    Yea. Sounds like defective equipment.
    09-14-09 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD