I have a Hotmail account (upgraded, so it pushes). My wife has used the Storm since its release while I used a Curve. The Storm's speed appeared to blow the Curve out of the water so I switched to the Storm.

My wife receives e-mail nearly instantly, evertime. On my Curve and Storm, my e-mails arrive at least 10 minutes later, sometimes as much as 45 minutes later. I took my phone by the local store and they said nothing can be done. My wife's line is listed as the primary and mine is an add on, I'm told this doesn't matter.

Anyone have any input?
    02-19-09 11:44 PM
    You don't need to have a premium hotmail account to receive email fwd.

What it may be and this has been an issue with me and gmail. When I use IMAP I often get delays of up to 15 minutes, however when I swap over to POP3 it comes in instantly. Check what you are using to have your emails pushed.

Cheers.
    02-20-09 12:00 AM
    When I first started using Blackberrys, a couple years ago, regular hotmail would not push, it initially did but hotmail changed something. Rim tech. support actually told me to upgrade, did that change again?

I am no guru, you are talking over my head. Where do I check and what do change?....sorry, learning
    02-20-09 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD