When I send an e-mail from my PC or my Storm, it shows up twice in my messages list.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Ideally sent messages shouldnt show up at all....

Thanks.
    02-01-09 09:35 AM
    Are you using gmail? If so its a known issue and you need to create a filter blocking emails sent from your address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 09:38 AM
    Ah, indeed I am.

***** question time. Where do I setup the filter?

Thanks

Edit: Didnt know the I-d-i-o-t word would be thrown up on.
    Last edited by kwmayo; 02-01-09 at 09:45 AM.
    02-01-09 09:40 AM
    BB button>Setup>Email Settings

It takes a second to load up but it should show your gmail accounts as well as options to create a blackberry email account. This is where you went in to add your gmail accounts.

Select your gmail account and and hit the BB button. Select filters. In the filters screen click "Add Filter". You have to name the filter, I just put "gmail emails". For Filter On select "From Address" and for Contains type in your gmail address. Then click Add. So, you just told your device to block any emails coming from your own email address.
    02-01-09 09:45 AM
    Thanks, I appreciate it.
    02-01-09 09:49 AM
    Getting a non-responsive server error on all 3 g-mail accounts when I go to save the filter settings.

Gmail still works from the PC.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I can send e-mails, but not recieve them.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, dumb me sent to and from the wrong addresses. No problem.
    Last edited by kwmayo; 02-01-09 at 10:18 AM.
    02-01-09 10:14 AM
    So I tried to set up filters...and I do not have that option on my device. I did a little digging and it appears that I need to have BES and i do not have that. I have Gmail, a storm and hacked for Tmo....how can I get these annoying double emails? Anyadvice would be greatly helpful. thanks
    02-02-09 11:25 AM
    Never mind...I got it from My tmo account....
    02-02-09 11:51 AM
    on my 8330....i am getting double emails also..

any help is as always appreciated,

sonja
    02-05-09 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD