I understand how to link my phone with the bigger e-mail companies like gmail and yahoo!...however unfortunately the main e-mail I've been using is the one my school has given me. I rarely ever go on my computer since I'm always out, and it would be much easier if my Blackberry were directly linked to this e-mail address. Long story short, I can't use it because they need to know the ISP (internet service provider) for the e-mail and I have no clue what it is. The account ends in '@portal.middlesexcc.edu' but I've tried that and it definitely didn't work. Any idea on where to find this information out?

Thanks!
    Matt
    01-23-09 07:06 AM
    Most likely its actually using either MS or groupwise on the back end. Either way there should be pop3 settings. I'm guessing you already tried having it autoconfigure in the email setup wizard? If that didn't work you could ask the tech folks for the pop settings and set it up yourself - there are instructions around for how to enter your own settings if you look on some of the gmail imap threads. Middlesex NJ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 07:30 AM
    Call your school (tech dept if they have one) and ask for the incomming and outgoing server information so you can put in the pop3 settings.
    01-23-09 07:44 AM
    Matt, do you have an account with Gmail? The reason I ask is that you can set up your gmail account to have all your pop email forwarded to your gmail so everything comes into a single/central location. If you need to reply from that pop email account, gmail takes care of that as well.

Btw, check out Google sync for your Storm. Nice.
    01-23-09 08:46 AM
    Do you access you school Email through a exchange server?
    01-23-09 08:49 AM
    Matt, do you have an account with Gmail? The reason I ask is that you can set up your gmail account to have all your pop email forwarded to your gmail so everything comes into a single/central location. If you need to reply from that pop email account, gmail takes care of that as well.

Btw, check out Google sync for your Storm. Nice.
    Yes I have gmail, but I rarely use it. Again, my main e-mail is through my school. You're saying there's a way to automatically get my mail from my school account to my gmail account?
    01-23-09 02:42 PM
    Most likely its actually using either MS or groupwise on the back end. Either way there should be pop3 settings. I'm guessing you already tried having it autoconfigure in the email setup wizard? If that didn't work you could ask the tech folks for the pop settings and set it up yourself - there are instructions around for how to enter your own settings if you look on some of the gmail imap threads. Middlesex NJ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, Middlesex NJ. Sorry but I'm new at this whole mobile e-mail thing and I don't quite understand what you're asking. All I know is with gmail, it was a quick automatic setup and I got e-mail updates right away. With my school account it wants to know the ISP for the e-mail account and I don't know it.
    01-23-09 02:43 PM
    Do you access you school Email through a exchange server?
    I don't believe so.
    01-23-09 02:52 PM
    Yes I have gmail, but I rarely use it. Again, my main e-mail is through my school. You're saying there's a way to automatically get my mail from my school account to my gmail account?
    Yes, just forward your school's e-mail to your GMail account. You can even change your reply to settings in GMail so when you reply to an email, it will look like it came from your school's account instead of GMail.
    01-23-09 03:04 PM
    Yeah again, not trying to be naive here but what might be the easiest general way to do that? I've never done anything like that before.
    01-23-09 05:51 PM
    I have had a similar problem with my school's email. The email server just switched to KeanGoogle and I can't seem to recieve any email's on my Storm. I was looking at options and I found something about POP and having to switch to IMOP. Does anyone have any advice for this?
    01-24-09 09:33 AM
    Yeah again, not trying to be naive here but what might be the easiest general way to do that? I've never done anything like that before.
    Log into your school's email and go into settings. Forward mail to your GMail account and save. Now log into GMail and click on settings. Change the reply to address in GMail and when you write mail it will appear to have come from your school account.
    01-24-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD