Just thought I would post this in case anyone else has had the same problems. Starting on Saturday, I was not getting any audible notifications that I was getting e-mail. Well, after hours searching here and on Blackberry.com, I couldn't find anything wrong. And then on the phone with VZW service on Saturday night, they told me to wipe the phone and re-install the OS. So I did it, and still no luck. So, I called VZW back, and after 2 hours on the phone and being connected to a Blackberry rep, I finally got it fixed.

So, the answer is make sure that you have service books for each e-mail account that you have. I didn't have them, didn't know to look for them, and the phone recognized the e-mail, but couldn't "assign" it a audible alert becuase there was nothing associated with it. Hope this helps someone and saves someone some time if they have this problem.
    12-22-08 02:26 PM
    Just thought I would post this in case anyone else has had the same problems. Starting on Saturday, I was not getting any audible notifications that I was getting e-mail. Well, after hours searching here and on Blackberry.com, I couldn't find anything wrong. And then on the phone with VZW service on Saturday night, they told me to wipe the phone and re-install the OS. So I did it, and still no luck. So, I called VZW back, and after 2 hours on the phone and being connected to a Blackberry rep, I finally got it fixed.

So, the answer is make sure that you have service books for each e-mail account that you have. I didn't have them, didn't know to look for them, and the phone recognized the e-mail, but couldn't "assign" it a audible alert becuase there was nothing associated with it. Hope this helps someone and saves someone some time if they have this problem.
    This is an example of a good, solid, helpful post from a user that will show up in a search result! Well done Joe!
    12-22-08 02:31 PM
    Thanks Jason, this place has been alot of help to me, and even though I searched, I couldn't find an answer to the problem I was having....so thought I better try sharing something that I learned....
    12-22-08 03:14 PM
    thank you very much spent hours looking for solution....
    12-22-08 04:52 PM
    did you upgrade to .83 before this started happening. i noticed the same thing, but after i upgraded to .83. So today I went and checked in sounds for emails and noticed that it was on "off" for sound in holster...and my phone is mostly in an upright position...changed that back to "on" and it works.
    12-22-08 05:05 PM
    No, I am still running .75 on my storm, I am sure I did something to make this happen, not sure what, but I wanted to let everyone know something to look for if they have the same problems.
    12-22-08 07:43 PM
    Was your audible alert problem consistent? I ask because I receive audible alerts approximately 20% of the time. That doesn't seem like something that would be fixed by re sending my service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 08:19 PM
    Yes, it was a persistent problem, I received no alerts whenever I received a e-mail. So, this probably won't help with your problem, sorry about that.
    12-23-08 08:51 PM
    I actually just figured this out myself as well!

I'd been having issues with getting no audible email amounts and my emails not reconciling. Then I was playing with it earlier and it hit me that I didn't have the individual email folder things. lol. So I went into email setup and resent the service books and then hid the individual email icons.. and yeah.. works now
    12-23-08 08:56 PM
    Was your audible alert problem consistent? I ask because I receive audible alerts approximately 20% of the time. That doesn't seem like something that would be fixed by re sending my service books.

If you are not getting your audible alerts, are you using pre installed alert tones? If so try using custom mp3 tones I did that and all my problems were solved now I hear every alert. This was the case for all messaging

12-23-08 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD