I have my gmail and my roadrunner e-mail linked to my BB. On my computer I use Thunderbird to also collect those 2 accounts. Sometimes I erase an e-mail on my BBthat I would like to have on there again. I'm having some difficulties doing that. My first instinct is to just get on thunderbird and forward the e-mail from the gmail account to the roadrunner account of vice versa and wait for the BB to receive it. The message shows up on Thunderbird when I do that, but never on the Blackberry. Also just writing a new message with the info copied into it and sending it from RR-GM or vice versa has the same effect. In this particular case, I'm trying to forward flight details. I even went to the airline site and had them resend the details to my gmail account, same thing happened. Came in Thunderbird but no BB. The only way I can make it work is to forward the message to my yahoo account, which isn't linked to my BB and then send it from Yahoo to Gmail. My BB seems to get all other mail just fine. I can't figure out what's going on.
    07-27-09 04:06 PM
    so what account are you not able to get email from?

one or the other? both?
    07-27-09 05:21 PM
    so what account are you not able to get email from?

one or the other? both?
    Both. It's really weird. From Thunderbird, I can write an e-mail from my Gmail account TO my gmail address and it will pop up in my Thunderbird inbox immediately. But it never shows up in my BB inbox. I can take that same message in my Gmail inbox(in Thunderbird) and forward it to my roudrunner address. It will show up in my RR inbox, but again, never in my BB inbox on my phone.

I got it to work by signing onto Gmail directly and forwarding the message from there. I guess maybe it's some issue with Thunderbird and my BB. Kind of annoying. Another strange thing though. From Gmail, I forwarded the message to both of my Thunderbird inboxes. It showed up both places. But the one to Roadrunner never showed up on my BB. Just the one sent from Gmail.

Anyway, don't know what's going on, but at least I have a workaround.
    Last edited by yehaww; 07-27-09 at 11:22 PM.
    07-27-09 11:10 PM
    So its only an issue when you email yourself? Is there a filter or something? Are they in your inbox or in a separate folder in your email? Do you have problems receiving email from any other addresses?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 11:15 PM
    So its only an issue when you email yourself? Is there a filter or something? Are they in your inbox or in a separate folder in your email? Do you have problems receiving email from any other addresses?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, it only seems to be an issue when I'm e-mailing myself, through Thunderbird, in order to get something onto my BB. Even if it's an e-mail that was already on my BB. It comes through fine the first time, but if I delete it and later decide I want it on there again and try to e-mail it to myself, that's when it won't show up in my BB inbox. I don't have any filters set up on my BB that I'm aware of.

I'm not aware of any other issues as far as getting e-mails to my BB. It generally gets messages a few seconds before I can even get them in Thunderbird.

The only thing I could think of was that maybe even though I "deleted" the message from my BB inbox, maybe it was still in memory and therefor not downloading the message when I'm re-mailing it. But I don't think that can be it because I've tried several different ways now to send it, so it's not an exact copy of the same message.

It's beyond me why I can't e-mail my BB from Thunderbird.

I can gmail myself from my BB and it'll show up in my BB and TB inbox. Seems to be an issue with Thunderbird somehow.
    07-28-09 04:05 AM
    so stop using thunderbird? you have a blackberry, you get all of your email to one location already. why not just use the browser sites from your PC? 3rd party organization tends to ruin the point of internet hosted email IMO.
    07-28-09 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD