I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but whatever. I bought the Samsung Omnia over the Storm but still have a lot of interest in the Storm and I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna keep the Omnia. All I can say is, what does it say about the phone when everyone seems to be going crazy waiting for a new update to come out? It doesn't speak to highly of the phone. God such a beautiful phone and yet such a poorly shipped OS.
    Last edited by PuffinMyLye; 12-05-08 at 11:27 AM.
    12-05-08 11:17 AM
    I know what you mean. I spoke with a rep. cause my phone just shuts off. He told me to look for the update today it's coming not specific time was given. But it's going to be released today.
    12-05-08 11:19 AM
    no update yet just checked
    12-05-08 11:22 AM
    Ummm, might wanna read the OP. This is not a thread about me waiting for the update.
    12-05-08 11:24 AM
    3 pm est PTA today 6pm est on dm. You'll see an icon when its ready.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 11:25 AM
    Don't confuse people with sad and pathetic lives, salivating like a rabid animal over some new update (that was never officially confirmed for a 12 noon release as far as I can tell) because they have nothing else going for them in life, as an indication of the phone's overall performance.

The Storm's OS could use with a bit of work, but the leaked .75 update shows that RIM is working on this. The simple fact is carriers want phones Right Now(tm), and they don't want to pay or wait for properly developed firmware. Carriers are generally willing to deal with "good enough" because there will be some new must-have phone to replace the existing one in about 6 months time.

Personally, I don't know if I could ever use a WinMo phone. Microsoft's desktop software tends to leave quite a bit to be desired on several fronts, the original Xbox was a hastily thrown together legacy free PC *** game console, the Xbox 360 has had numerous manufacturing defect issues though admittedly the software end has worked pretty well thus far... And from what I've seen, they've tried to shoehorn the desktop UI look and feel onto mobile devices, and I just can't see how that would work very well. The old Windows 3.1 interface I could see working VERY well, but not this Apple inspired desktop metaphor garbage.

Anyway... To sum this up... This forum IS called "Crackberry" for a reason. People tend to get a bit obsessive about their phones here. It shouldn't be taken as any kind of indication about the phone in general. All you should see is a bunch of people with way too much time on their hands, and a borderline (at best) unhealthy obsession with their phones.
    12-05-08 11:52 AM
    i was just on the phone with a rep from verizon she said that it will be out at 6pm.
    12-05-08 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD