How do you tell if dust is under the screen or under the screen protecter? I have noticed a few specs of something, but I think its under the screen protecter, not screen. Is there a way to tell? Also, is the dust problem fixed with newer storms?
    04-22-09 05:50 AM
    How do you tell if dust is under the screen or under the screen protecter? I have noticed a few specs of something, but I think its under the screen protecter, not screen. Is there a way to tell? Also, is the dust problem fixed with newer storms?
    Stands to reason that the only way to tell would be to remove your screen protector. And I don't think there is any difference between newer storms and older ones.
    04-22-09 07:52 AM
    if I ever get dust under my screen, then no doubt I'm turning in the Storm for another phone that would be the last straw for me, it's bad enough i can't keep a screen protector on because some piece of dust always gets installed with it, but under the screen when u can't do anything about it, that would be it for real!
    04-22-09 07:56 AM
    My husband and I both have Storms, we use a can of compressed air on them once a week. Can't hurt I guess.
    04-22-09 09:04 AM
    My husband and I both have Storms, we use a can of compressed air on them once a week. Can't hurt I guess.
    That is exactly what I do. I use the spray about once a week, sometimes twice if I know that my phone might be in more contact. It seems to work for me.
    04-22-09 10:01 AM
    That is exactly what I do. I use the spray about once a week, sometimes twice if I know that my phone might be in more contact. It seems to work for me.
    just be really careful not to do it too close to the phone b/c you might blow the debris further into it
    04-22-09 10:05 AM
    I know it a stupid question, but where and how do I determine if there is dust under screen. I can tell i have a few things under my screen protector. Please help
    04-22-09 04:13 PM
    I had dust under my screen and when i got to the verizon place they tried to tell me it was under the screen protector. i pulled of the protector and showed her. i had a new blackberry shipped to me in 2 days (well...a refurb which i was kinda p-o'd about). i had everything backed up on blackberry desktop manager so it really wasnt a big deal at all. the only problem is that the desktop manager does NOT backup any apps....so i had to go back out and re download any that i wanted.

i had tried the compressed air and had no luck. i had a little pile of dust right in the middle of my screen. i guess the air couldn't get to it...
    i still use it about once a week or so though. hopefully between the air and my new pouch case i shouldn't have the problem anymore.
    04-23-09 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD