Has anyone else experienced dust accumulating under the storms screen? I had this problem and showed Verizon and they replaced my Storm for free, saying that they had never seen that before (and that it was rare that it would happen again). Well, on my 2nd Storm now I have dust specs under the screen again, which is very annoying as it detracts from the beautiful screen.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a fix? Or a way to prevent this from happening?

Thanks!
    04-15-09 02:56 PM
    yes, this has been discussed over and over

try using the search function - you'll find lots of advice!
    04-15-09 02:58 PM
    Has anyone else experienced dust accumulating under the storms screen? I had this problem and showed Verizon and they replaced my Storm for free, saying that they had never seen that before (and that it was rare that it would happen again). Well, on my 2nd Storm now I have dust specs under the screen again, which is very annoying as it detracts from the beautiful screen.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a fix? Or a way to prevent this from happening?

Thanks!
    It should not happen. Call customer service they should replace the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 03:02 PM
    It should not happen. Call customer service they should replace the device.

will they do it again? this is the 2nd time now...
    04-15-09 03:22 PM
    bump - has anyone else experienced this issue?
    04-15-09 03:43 PM
    04-15-09 03:46 PM
    For **** sake...cut him some slack.

To the OP.....yes you can return it. Call VZW CS and throw a fit and they WILL send you another one. If by chance you get a CS rep that is lazy then hang up and call back until you get one that will help. I had very good luck with returning my 4...in three effing months.
    04-15-09 03:52 PM

To the OP.....yes you can return it. Call VZW CS and throw a fit and they WILL send you another one. If by chance you get a CS rep that is lazy then hang up and call back until you get one that will help. I had very good luck with returning my 4...in three effing months.
    So what I understand is that the earlier models of the storm have issues with their seals AS WELL AS issues with the screen click problems...and both of these issues are 'supposed' to be resolved with the newer models of the storm?

Thanks!
    04-15-09 04:51 PM
    There are ways of cleaning under the screen, search it in the forum. Or if you're lazy you can call customer service and they'll probably replace it
    04-15-09 04:59 PM
    This has been talked about over and over and over and over again... Did the search you did b4 posting not give you the answers? Oh, you didn't do a search? Already then...
    04-15-09 05:15 PM
    no i did search, but the topic seems to be mixed in among many other topics and i had trouble finding anything on it

arent the forums meant to ask questions? it seems like im being put down for asking one
    04-15-09 05:30 PM
    no i did search, but the topic seems to be mixed in among many other topics and i had trouble finding anything on it

arent the forums meant to ask questions? it seems like im being put down for asking one
    of course it's for asking questions, but you should also learn how to search, b/c things do get posted over and over again...very often your question has already been answered
    04-15-09 05:36 PM

just searched and found at least 100 threads related to dust under the screen. If VZW tells you they have never seen or heard of it, thats because you are talking to a VZW employee. They don't know anything they don't want to know.
    Did you really expect them to tell you "Yeah, we see that all the time, we know about it and it will most likely happen again, and btw, there is no fix for it, but if you are lucky, you get one that is sealed properly. Some people go through 5 phones until we give them one that's right."
    They will most likely tell you they never heard of a bad screen click or a button falling off either. I'm just saying use the search combined with common sense and you will find your answer.
    My first 2 Storms had the dust problem, #3 & #4 work great...
    Last edited by camoko; 04-15-09 at 05:48 PM.
    04-15-09 05:46 PM
    So what I understand is that the earlier models of the storm have issues with their seals AS WELL AS issues with the screen click problems...and both of these issues are 'supposed' to be resolved with the newer models of the storm?

Thanks!
    Yes....it was supposed to be resolved in later releases of the device but there still seems to be issues with it. Whatever you do...do not put compressed air around the edges of the screen...you'll get a snow storm under your screen.

Its not about being lazy as one person posted...its about getting what you pay for. Dust under the screen is a DEFECT...plain and simple. If you, like others on here, prefer to settle and deal with it then that's your choice.
    04-15-09 05:54 PM

So we should cut him slack... because...?
    04-15-09 05:57 PM
    will they do it again? this is the 2nd time now...
    I'm on my eighth Storm. Only one had dust, five had click issues, one had a microphone problem.
    04-15-09 06:03 PM
    I'm on my eighth Storm. Only one had dust, five had click issues, one had a microphone problem.
    lol wow that sucks...yeah im going to give verizon a call today as my storm has BOTH dust and screen click

do you guys recommend any sort of case or protection? i keep it in my pocket so i am not too fond of big bulky cases.

thanks for the help guys
    04-15-09 06:13 PM
    04-15-09 06:17 PM
    Hey, I was wondering if this problem happens with the curve. Does anyone know? I also heard you can get a micrsoft office application on the curve. Does anyone know where to get it?

04-15-09 07:26 PM
    Hey, I was wondering if this problem happens with the curve. Does anyone know? I also heard you can get a micrsoft office application on the curve. Does anyone know where to get it?

I think you need to ask this in the curve forum!
    04-15-09 07:36 PM
    04-15-09 07:43 PM
    So we should cut him slack... because...?
    Wont kill anyone to be nice once in a while. I know its a stretch for you Jeff but none the less...
    04-15-09 08:44 PM
    I just did a search and found more idiots taking the time to answer "do a search" or some stupid remark than they do answering a question to help someone out. Oh what a bunch of smart Blackberry owners you are to be too good to help someone with less knowledge than you. This site is pathetic
    04-15-09 09:30 PM
    My first storm had a terrible dust problem after just two weeks. I got a replacement two months ago and I have no dust at all. Send it back

04-15-09 09:43 PM
    I had one Storm which had dust in it after about 3 months and then I got a new one that acquired dust after only about 1.5 months...now I have to send this one back...I don't think wanting to replace it is being lazy because in order to really get the dust out you would have to take apart the phone and when that doesn't work you can't send it in at all. Also to the OP no problem asking a question because I know how much of a pain it is to try and find something when people are off topic arguing after the 3rd post and there are about 5 pages.
    Call send it back..get a new one...its almost like a mantra
    04-17-09 05:54 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD