I Carry my Storm in my front pants pocket as I did my Curve. I'm finding a lot of dust under the screen. Is there a way to clean this? Is my phone defective? It seems in time this will be a real visual problem.
    01-17-09 06:16 PM
    many people have had this problem...search for dust or some common keywords to see.

here's one http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/dus...en-fix-119968/

the screen should be sealed, so a replacement may be in order.
    01-17-09 06:57 PM
    It's defective... thats the final answer.. your screen wasn't sealed properly. I have mine in my front pocket all day long, mostly Jeans. and there is no dust UNDER the screen. There is some around the gap/edge, but that is normal.

There shouldn't be any under the screen. That must be VERY annoying!!
    01-17-09 07:43 PM
    It's defective... thats the final answer.. your screen wasn't sealed properly. I have mine in my front pocket all day long, mostly Jeans. and there is no dust UNDER the screen. There is some around the gap/edge, but that is normal.

There shouldn't be any under the screen. That must be VERY annoying!!
    Correct. The phone is defective. I called VZW this past Wed and they sent me out a new phone with no hastle. Only problem is they sent me a dud (reboots 20-30 times a day). Waiting for another.
    01-17-09 07:51 PM
    No biggie. It happens with me to. I have 1 spec but it can barely be seen. What bothers me the most, is that I know where its at and Im letting myself, get to myself haha. Not a big deal though.
    01-17-09 08:03 PM
    Mine has quite a bit of dust under the screen. I took it to the local Verizon store and was told it had a defective seal. The associate called RIM and they said the warranty does not cover this problem. The phone is only 2 months old. Rim said they would replace the phone for $50.00. I told the clerk to keep my phone and cancel my contract. Verizon ultimately agreed to absorb the $50.00 replacement fee. It appears the deluge of warranty problems are taxing RIM. I still think it's a great phone but worry about RIM as a company.
    01-20-09 02:30 PM
    If that's true, then RIM gets a big middle finger right in the face. How can this possibly NOT be a manufacturing defect? I'll tell you how: RIM is just like any other big company out there. They have your money, and that's all they need. They don't want to take responsibility for their mistakes, because *gasp* it will cost them money to remedy the situation and/or make them look bad to current or potential customers. A little hint RIM...your crappy QC has already done both.
    01-20-09 03:15 PM
    I'm finding more and more dust everyday. It started out with a few specs, but having the phone for 2 months, it's been gathering more dust as it goes. I'm going to try the fix. If that doesn't work then I'll just nab another.
    01-20-09 04:16 PM
    I'm finding more and more dust everyday. It started out with a few specs, but having the phone for 2 months, it's been gathering more dust as it goes. I'm going to try the fix. If that doesn't work then I'll just nab another.
    If you have a little dust you will just keep getting more. the seal is defective. Number 2 on the way. My wifes storm is fine.
    01-20-09 05:06 PM
    I got crap loads of dust under mine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 05:08 PM
    The dust does accumulate and so today I finally got fed up after this big spec of what looked like a metal flake was right in the middle of the screen. I called Verizon and at first they tried to say that I needed to take it to the store but then ultimately agreed to mail me a new one. # 3 on the way and I hope this one is better than the first two.

I love the coolness of the phone but am thinking of switching to the Curve. I know that all new phones have issues and Im usually one of the first in line when new ones come out but this is becoming a pain. Dont bash me...its just my patience isnt that of a God fearing priest.
    01-20-09 05:23 PM
    haha thats weird that so many people are having this problem, because i called verizon yesterday about the same problem and they acted like they have never heard this before, "sir this is a new problem to us, try blowing it out, if it doesnt get better bring it into a store and see what they can do for you"

me - "new problem huh? funny you say that because i am aware of quite a few people on their 2nd 3rd and 4th phones because of this problem, if you dont fix this problem for me i would like a completly different phone, not another storm.. a new phone all togather, im not going to be swaping out phones every 2 months"

"your new phone is on its way, just confirm your shipping address"
    01-20-09 05:24 PM
    haha thats weird that so many people are having this problem, because i called verizon yesterday about the same problem and they acted like they have never heard this before, "sir this is a new problem to us, try blowing it out, if it doesnt get better bring it into a store and see what they can do for you"

me - "new problem huh? funny you say that because i am aware of quite a few people on their 2nd 3rd and 4th phones because of this problem, if you dont fix this problem for me i would like a completly different phone, not another storm.. a new phone all togather, im not going to be swaping out phones every 2 months"

"your new phone is on its way, just confirm your shipping address"
    LOL....they tried that with me too and told the lady to visit Crackberry and get the real, boots on the ground scoop. Verizon has the best customer service...bar none!
    01-20-09 05:33 PM
    had my storm for 2 weeks now and thank the lord i have no dust on it althou i keep it on my jacket and NOT in my front jean pocket all the time here and there yea but not like all the time.. although i take real good care of my storm also.. but i would like to see rim or the carriers do something about that.. and **** is it my or telus doesnt have damm screen protectors for a damm touch phone like was up with that.. ??
    01-20-09 07:42 PM
    I don't even want to know what it looks like with dust under the screen. The dust on the edges is annoying enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 07:59 PM
    are you guys getting dust under your screen even if you have a screen protector? just wondering because i have lots of dust under mine and i use no screen protector.
    01-20-09 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD