I was wondering if there was any way to clean the dust that gets under the screen. Right now i can see a piece of dust under the screen and its really annoying. looks likes it trapped between the Touch screen and the LCD itself. Any way to clean this? Thank You in advance!
    01-10-09 10:03 PM
    i have this problem too!!
    01-10-09 10:06 PM
    I was wondering if there was any way to clean the dust that gets under the screen. Right now i can see a piece of dust under the screen and its really annoying. looks likes it trapped between the Touch screen and the LCD itself. Any way to clean this? Thank You in advance!
    Search the forums there are a few people have explored every option. If you have 1 piece of dust there are more to follow i would suggest getting a replacement.
    There are a lot of threads on this issue. Just search for "dust".
    I'm on my 3rd due to dust. The latest one VZW sent me was in my coat pocket for 12 hours today, and somehow has 0 dust. Might have gotten lucky with this, and may have just jinxed myself by saying that. Oh well...
    01-10-09 10:17 PM
    Very common problem. Get it replaced ASAP, if dust can get in, so can moisture, and then the phone will probably be screwed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 10:27 PM
    to the OP, make sure its not between your screen and the stock screen protector. some have found that they thought they had dust in their screen but once they removed the protector they found it was in fact just behind that.
    01-10-09 11:31 PM
    You can also use a bright flashlight or LED light and shine it on the display with the phone off. This is a great way at seeing every damn speck under the screen. Be prepared to be wowed at how much is actually in there though. It ain't pretty.
    01-10-09 11:36 PM
    I have sooooo much dust under my screen.....probably about 100 specs of dust.

I'm calling tomorrow to get a replacement (we all have till the 15th, correct?)
    01-11-09 12:05 AM
    Search the forums there are a few people have explored every option. If you have 1 piece of dust there are more to follow i would suggest getting a replacement.
    Get a replacement what phone? There is no way Verizon will do that
    01-11-09 12:18 AM
    Oh Lord. I just dont see how people can get actual DUST inside of the LCD. Make sure you pick hard on the top of it. There is a factory installed screen protector that is really on the screen good and invisibile.
    01-11-09 12:22 AM
    The screens aren't sealed properly. What's so hard to understand about that? I've owned more phones than I can count, and this is the first one I've seen that has this issue. And are people really confusing dust under the protector with dust under the screen?
    01-11-09 01:12 AM
    The screens aren't sealed properly. What's so hard to understand about that? I've owned more phones than I can count, and this is the first one I've seen that has this issue. And are people really confusing dust under the protector with dust under the screen?
    I agree. What is so hard to understand? Whats funny is that people will ask if you are confusing it with the little dots from the sensor. Ummmm hello? The dust is are not little dots and they are white on a black background...gray on white.
    01-11-09 01:17 AM
    I know. The sensors are in a nice uniform pattern, which actually makes it EASIER to spot the dust particles.
    01-11-09 01:23 AM
    I agree. What is so hard to understand? Whats funny is that people will ask if you are confusing it with the little dots from the sensor. Ummmm hello? The dust is are not little dots and they are white on a black background...gray on white.
    Maybe its because there are a lot of us who haven't seen this "dust" under the screen. I know for sure, I'm not about to sit in the dark and shine a flashlight up under the screen to see if I have dust! I guess I am just not as picky as some, the phone works great and I don't see or notice the dust. I'm too busy using and playing with my Storm.
    01-11-09 01:25 AM
    There are even pictures of other peoples Storm infected with dust under the screen.
    01-11-09 01:25 AM
    Oh Lord. I just dont see how people can get actual DUST inside of the LCD. Make sure you pick hard on the top of it. There is a factory installed screen protector that is really on the screen good and invisibile.
    Why can't you believe there is dust getting between the screen?

I think your Storm probably has it but you just haven't really looked. I'm serious. Very few will not have dust the way this hardware is being built. Unless you live in a class 100 cleanroom, the Storm will get dust between the screen assembly.
    01-11-09 01:27 AM
    Maybe its because there are a lot of us who haven't seen this "dust" under the screen. I know for sure, I'm not about to sit in the dark and shine a flashlight up under the screen to see if I have dust! I guess I am just not as picky as some, the phone works great and I don't see or notice the dust. I'm too busy using and playing with my Storm.
    You dont shine a flashlight up under the screen. People shine it from the top. Secondly, you dont even need the flashlight. Its viewable when you're using the phone. Maybe you're the lucky one that doesnt have this problem. But like I said, its viewable when you're using it. Its white on black backgrounds (landscape mode when phone is locked or when viewing menus) and grayish on white backgrounds (SMS screen)

I have gone through 2 phones with it. My 3rd one seems to be fine. So far so good *knock on wood*
    01-11-09 01:29 AM
    There are even pictures of other peoples Storm infected with dust under the screen.
    Like this dust that was inside one I returned. Light shined on top-- note shadow to left of Storm:

01-11-09 01:32 AM
    Like this dust that was inside one I returned. Light shined on top-- note shadow to left of Storm:

"You sure those arent sensors?"
    "You sure those just arent on top of the screen and you didnt wipe it clean?"

I've seen my fair share of electronics with dust such as old watches, old handheld games from TIGER. Any crevices such as speakers, buttons, etc., dust can enter.
    01-11-09 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD