Hey there. I don't have a Storm yet but plan on getting one. Can anyone tell me how scratch resistant the screen is and if you really need to get one of those screen protectors or is the screen pretty durable? I also heard people complain about dust getting under the screen. Was that just on earlier models or is that still a problem even on the most recent Storms (9530)?
    04-08-09 10:21 PM
    I got my second storm about a month ago. Still no dust, so im assuming the problem is fixed.
    04-08-09 10:24 PM
    I still have my original Storm from the day of releases and no scratches yet. There are some dust issues on mine but everything I have heard is that the problem is fixed so don't let either of these issues hold you back. Plus screen protectors are always good. I have one now but I didn't for a while but it can't hurt
    04-08-09 10:34 PM
    I had mne for a month now, and no scratches. I accidentally had it in my key pocket, and it got jumbled with keys in there, but nothing.
    Dust, well, I dont see any yet, hope it stays out.
    Not sure about protectors, dont they affect touch sensitivity?
    04-09-09 02:52 AM
    the dust issue has been gone now for a while now.. early builds have had that problem with dust, but newer phones don't have the problem now
    04-09-09 04:20 AM
    For some reason dust has never affected me. there is some dust in the gap, but no dust at all under the screen, and with my Vaja case, the gap is almost completely covered, so no problem for me...

PS: I do have a screen protector on also, but that doesn't cover the gap, just the screen
    04-09-09 04:44 AM
    I have the screen protector on that came with the phone and have not had a problem.
    04-09-09 06:38 AM
    Always get a screen protector for your phone, especially touch screen.
    04-09-09 06:48 AM
    Cool. Thanks. I'm thinking about going with the Verizon screen protectors and getting some sort of leather pouch for when I keep it in my pocket. Just a few more weeks until my contract with Sprint is up and then I'll be getting a new Storm. Can't wait!!
    04-09-09 07:53 AM
    The screen protector allows your finger to slide much easier than on the screen itself. Also I started to get some dust under the screen at the top left corner. The protectors are oversized just a wee bit so I made sure the excess was covering the gap at the top of the screen. No additional dust has gotten in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD