So I bought my Storm on launch day and have loved it ever since. No problems with the screen click or anything at all. today while cleaning the screen i saw a white spec in the middle. First i thought of the worst like I had a dead pixel, but when I looked closer it was a spec of dust in my screen with a couple more in the corner by the end button. I think its dust or lint particles from putting my Storm in my pocket. Dammit all was going so well. The screen isn't completely sealed. I blew on the edge to see and I was right. A bit of steam from my breath formed after blowing on the edges. The steamed disappeared after a few seconds though... Anyone else have this happen to them yet. I do have a good functioning STORM AND DON'T WANT TO GET A LEMON REPLACEMENT LIKE OTHERS HAD. Anyone have a fix for this. I tried my airbrush compressor and blew air in the edges and the dust didn't budge.
    12-16-08 02:45 AM
    People who can't use the search functionality WTF????
    12-16-08 02:49 AM
    search whats that?
    12-16-08 02:55 AM
    I too have this problem. I have seen a few posts here about it. As far as I know no one has been able to fix it.
    12-16-08 03:16 AM
    there is a fix (but not recommended)... if u search.
    12-16-08 03:18 AM
    You must be talking about the "pull your screen off and clean it" fix. I just got my Storm Monday, and I'm gonna be PO'd when/if this happens to me. My screen clicks perfectly, so I would have to think long and hard about swapping my phone out because of dust.
    12-16-08 03:26 AM
    Here is the link. It looks a little to risky for me.
    12-16-08 03:33 AM
    an alternative to prying your screen off is to take the storm apart ( ) and vacuuming the edge (the seam between the two layers) of the lcd screen. once that's done, you can seal off the edges using tape.

two warnings:
    - you must use the right tools to take it apart (t6 and a phone prying tool). do not try to use a flathead screwdriver or any other metal object to pry your phone open - this will likely damage the phone. phone prying tools are pieces of plastic with a super thin edge that effectively gets into the creases of your phone without damaging it.

- DO NOT USE COMPRESSED AIR in an attempt to blow the dust out. This will only push more dust in and push whatever dust is already in towards the center.
    12-16-08 06:16 AM
    Same Here, Should be getting mine tommorow... hope its a good one, other than the dust this one has been fine...
    12-16-08 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD