I was just doing a reboot and on the white screen I noticed a black spec. Its extremely small... Like maybe the size of a period or so. Do you think its dust? Do pixels burn out on these like a LCD tv? Should I try and take it back?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 07:26 PM
    I have a few of these small black specs. It is a little smaller than a period, but that combined with the dust is starting to get on my nerves. I am going to wait as long as I can to get a replacement in hopes that they fix this problem with newer hardware, although from what I understand nothing new is going on the hardware end of the storm.
    04-12-09 07:31 PM
    Yes you can have a dead pixel. I'm glad if I do have any I can't see them. It would drive me crazy. That's why I never really look for any.
    04-12-09 07:49 PM
    i didnt notice till i upgraded to the 5.0 hybrid and i was watching the white screen to see how long it took to boot up... i saw it and now i cant stop staring at it. i have a couple bubbles in my screen protector and they dont bug me anywhere near as much as that pixel hah
    04-13-09 02:28 AM
    those are the sensors on your screen that tells the phone where your finger is at... they have those on any touch screen.... atms iphones all of them.
    04-13-09 08:26 AM
    just make sure you have insurance for the phone and throw it against a wall! lol
    04-13-09 08:35 AM
    [QUOTE=sease15;2262107]I have a few of these small black specs. It is a little smaller than a period, but that combined with the dust is starting to get on my nerves. I am going to wait as long as I can to get a replacement in hopes that they fix this problem with newer hardware, although from what I understand nothing new is going on the hardware end of the storm.[/QUOT
    Where is your info from on the hardware issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 08:49 AM
    those are the sensors on your screen that tells the phone where your finger is at... they have those on any touch screen.... atms iphones all of them.

Yeah i know what you are talkin about and this is not one of them. Im 99.9% positive that its a dead pixel.
    04-13-09 02:27 PM
    I was told it was dust in between the outer screen and the mesh where all the video comes from. The video actually comes from a mesh of sensors that form the pixels for the video. I was told that this is a smart phone and not to be kept in a pocket, to be kept in a holster. I've had no problems since i got a replacement and kept it in a holster.
    04-13-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD