Running .75 OS and noticed when I am setting contact alerts that my "custom" ring tones are listed twice. Anyone know how to clear this up?

TIA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 07:36 AM
    The same thing happened to me right after I loaded my own ringtones onto my Storm. I'm pretty sure it's a bug in the OS. I had to do 2 battery pulls before it cleared up. I also deleted a couple of my own ringtones from my phone, and noticed that the titles for them are still showing up in the ringtone list (even though they aren't on the phone anymore). A battery pull didn't fix this particular problem, unfortunately.
    03-28-09 12:11 PM
    Yeah batt pulls will do the trick eventually. Dont worry to much about it.
    03-28-09 12:11 PM
    Go in to the file system. Find and delete the thumbs.db in the ringtones folder. You BB will generate a new thumbs.db file without the duplicate listings.
    03-28-09 12:25 PM
    BbThumbs.dat. Search for that on your memory card and delete it. There's one in every folder. Your phone makes a quick reference file to find media quicker. The file will be hidden so unhide at the folder level. Once deleted pull battery and your phone will scan your card and create a new file. I suggest deleting the bbThumbs.dat file any time you add new media.

Btw there's tons of threads about this. I would have just linked one for ya but too much work from my phone. Good luck and enjoy your phone. Use search!!!

03-28-09 12:28 PM
    OS bug with .75 and a couple of others after that. The new ones have this fixed.

03-28-09 12:33 PM
    Thanks all!

03-28-09 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD